OT Google Streets?

I have GoogleEarth, but what do I need to do to look at the Google Streets images?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Harry Stottle

Start off at Google Maps.

a place name or address - in UK, it must be in one of the 26 towns and cities that have Google Streets enabled.

Increase magnification so you can see individual streets.

Click-drag the brown man onto the street map at the point you would like to view.

And that's it! Enjoy ...

Reply to
Bruce

Google for Google Maps and click the link ...It's just a wee icon ( like on a gents toilet door) that you drag on to the Street that you have looked up .If there is a Street View ( not all streets are done yet) the streets will turn blue( I think) in outline and a small thumbnail of part of the street will appear ...just click it and follow the arrows or the small logo down on the map itself

Reply to
the realfictitious

If you zoom out to show all/most of the UK, and then drag the little man onto the map all the areas which are on Streetview are highlighted in blue

Reply to
chris French

Thanks, got it now - but cannot find myself anywhere I thought I might have been caught :-)

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

In Google earth make sure you have updated it recently (check the help button) then just zoom in to a town that has been covered. Click on the camera icons along the road

Reply to
John

Funny that. I had not appreciated this part of Google and looked at various haunts that I recognise from years ago in Brumagen and thought "Thank goodness that I do not have criminal intents.".

Powerful, init?

Reply to
Clot

Thanks!

Reply to
Michael Chare

The question was about Google EARTH - not Google Maps.

Check that in "Layers" you have a tick in "Street View" then zoom in. you should see camera icons along the roads - click and they turn into a bubble for a 360 degree view.

Reply to
John

SWMBO was walking down the street today and watched this bizarre car driving down the road past her; then later she saw the picture of the GoogleStreetView car in the newspaper. So we're now waiting for the next release of UK towns to see if she makes an appearance!

David

Reply to
Lobster

Using Street View in Google Maps seems to have a different way of negotiating a street from Google Earth . I'd suggest it is easier to use than G.Earth version.

Reply to
the realfictitious

Thanks Chris.

Reply to
Bruce

I saw the cars a number of times and made a note of where I saw them, in anticipation of seeing me or my car at least once, but I can't see me on any of them.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I wonder how they manage to hide the car registration plates on so much footage.

Reply to
Stuart Noble

Strange how we haven't found a word to replace "footage"

Reply to
John

Not very well. My neighbour has his at the top of his horsebox. It's displayed plain as day.

Reply to
Adrian C

That's interesting. I suppose the software assumes plates will be at a certain height. As for sign written vehicles, one wonders how many "What were you doing there?" incidents there will be

Reply to
Stuart Noble

I found one street where all the car registration numbers were clearly visible. There was no evidence of any attempt to obscure them.

Reply to
Bruce

Automatically. Ditto faces. The algorithm isn't perfect, and you get unobscured faces/number plates (which are often noticed and fixed) and oddly blurred road signs etc (which usually aren't).

Reply to
Mike Barnes