OT Google gadgets

I have set iGoogle as my home page and have a few of their gadgets installed e.g. Date and Time, Weather, Calendar, YouTube search, Wikepedia search etc. I notice that from time to time some of these become unavailable.

My 'weather gadget' has been stating that 'Information is temporarily unavailable' for the last month or so. I've tried searching Google in an attempt to find out what is wrong - after all, if it is a Google Gadget I would expect that there should be a lot of information about it provided by Google - but I can't find anything relevant.

Has anybody had similar experiences and is there a way to fix the problem?

BTW the chat column on the left hand side of the screen has 'gone funny' as well. I never wanted this in the first place but Google insisted on including it.

Is there a similar setup to Google out there that I could use as a home page? I feel that Google is very intrusive.

Reply to
Wesley

In message , Wesley writes

Netvibes?

Pageflakes?

Reply to
chris French

Wesley submitted this idea :

I don't use/like Google, but I have such a gadget on my browser and it sometimes suffers the same problem. I think the way it works is it taps into the most local source of weather data to your location and that might be the cause. If the local source is unreliable, you get 'unavailable'. Try changing your Lat and Long to another location, near to a more reliable data source.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield