OT: Good bathroom scales?

Is there a boys games section? Arm wrestling, darts, drunk wrestling and 'throwing a kebab'? ;-)

T i m

p.s. I presume I'd also need a 42" telly (not 19"), a Wii and room to swing a cat?

Reply to
T i m

This is the cheapest option I would recommend, which I use myself.

do seem to overread by about 20 kilos when I stand on them, but the reading is consistent.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

We have Weight Watchers ones, no idea of the manufacturer, and have no complaints about them.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Except they keep saying you weigh more than you should? :-)

Reply to
fictitiousemail

That would actually make an interesting new title - "pub sports" perhaps...

(You can already get darts I think)

Well most things are ok on a small telly if you sit fairly close. Room size not too much of an issue - you want to be say 5 to 8 foot from the screen. You need to watch low hanging lamp fittings though when doing ten pin bowling - some folks get a bit carried away!

You do need a Wii (and an extra controller set is handy for thrashing SWMBO at tennis)

If you want more than two people playing tennis though a bigger screen and more space helps.

Most of the Wii fit things can be done just standing on the board - so not much space required there, although some of the yoga and aerobic training modules need a bit more space.

Reply to
John Rumm

We got some lidl (maybe Aldi) ones last summer. Glass square to stand on, with an LCD display, lbs or Kg setting switch. You just give them a sharp tap, to wake 'em up and they are accurate, well made plus reliable.

They do all tend to work better on a solid level floor, rather than carpet.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield