OT: global warming

WOULD be a good thing. Sadly the signs are that its starting to cool as we go into La Niña mode..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

HadCRUT4 data is still over 1° above its baseline and not showing any sign of coming down (most recent data I have was for March, see last entry on first column here

El Niño is certainly past its peak, although it's got a few months to run before it gets back to its baseline and La Niña sets in, possibly not before the autumn*, at which point all the deniers will get excited and the alarmists will be distraught, but neither emotion will be justified as it's just El Niño and La Niña doing what they do.

*(see
and click on the graph for full screen. Data from
Chris Hogg

AS indeed the whole fscking climate has been doing for the last few decades.

When you actually peer into the data, there is simply nothing extraordinary going on that hasn't gone on before

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher