OT: Global temperatures plummeting

Would that be a 1 or a 2 on the Richter scale?

But it's a development site. Of course it looks 'industrial' at the moment, but won't be like that for ever.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Probably no point as you don't seem to know what the local environment is. Just building a road - or anything else - will damage that local environment.

I'd guess what you actually mean is fracking won't damage your local environment as it won't be happening anywhere near where you live.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Absolutely everyone will have a right to bitch if they do. It's not like something that was unpredictable.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

In a previous stage of life I spent a lot of time on a boat in a dock, one day there was a bit of interest when one of the Greenpeace vessels came in to lick its wounds after a minor skirmish with the French over something or other. I'll never forget the procession of vehicles that came down with people to visit it bringing gifts for the Warriors . Most supporters arrived in Range Rovers Jags, Porsche and a few other exotica as well. People can drive what they like in my opinion but using a large car as a fashion statement rather than a necessity while lecturing others on saving the planet while doing so is hypocritical.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Mike Tomlinson posted

What is this supposed to mean - that people who want a reliable electricity supply should not object to any industrial development, no matter how disfiguring?

Reply to
Handsome Jack

ROFLMAO!

That's what they said when we objected to wind farms, and those are not even 'reliable'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Be interested to know why you thing Libya should be responsible for all refugees?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Absolutely. Far better an ancient diesel Land Rover belching smoke everywhere. Or a nice green Trabant.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So, exploratory and not production. Looks a lot smaller than a typical building site where houses are being put up.

What is this supposed to mean?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Oh well in that case lets all commit suicide, all 7 bullyun of us. That should solve it.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Not reliable and certainly disfiguring. But that's OK with Ugly Jack, because he's a hypocrite.

Reply to
Tim Streater

In this context, Libya is shorthand for "whichever bit of North African coastline they started from". Sorry that shorthand was too hard for you to work out.

Reply to
Tim Streater

You can commit suicide if you wish. It's killing others that many are against.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Except it's in a place where you aren't allowed to build houses, or anything else for that matter.

It means that if you are interested in fracking you might want to check it out.

TW

Reply to
TimW

You think all refugees come from a bit of North African coastline?

But that's easily sorted. Just build a wall along it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Tim Streater posted

You seem to believe that people who dislike petroleum drilling plants must perforce support wind farms. Congratulations.

Reply to
Handsome Jack

Scary monsters under the bed.

Its just a suitably sonorous and pompous sounding phrase beloved by those who think science should be used to impress the population into doing what they are told.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They are both funded by the same interests.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

En el artículo , damduck- snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.co.uk escribió:

I do like that expression.

They're also the sort that use a f*ck-off big 4x4 for the school run to pick up and drop off little Tarquin and Chardonnay. And park on the zig-zags.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson

En el artículo , Handsome Jack escribió:

It means that the NIMBYs who object to energy development in their back yard (fracking, wind farms, whatever) will be the first to whinge when the lights go out. Surely that was obvious.

Reply to
Mike Tomlinson