[OT] Geoff - fancy a trip to the Antarctic?

"It?s a familiar problem. You are in a rush to finish jobs in the run-up to Christmas, the weather is freezing cold and then your boiler packs up and cannot be fixed without a critical spare part from the manufacturers.

The added problem with this particular boiler is that it?s stuck on an ice sheet in the middle of West Antarctica and the manufacturers in Bradford are more than 10,000 miles away on the other side of the world.

It is the second time the main boiler has stopped working on a £7m project to drill through two miles of ice to reach a sub-glacial lake. As was the case first time round, the fault appears to lie with the control circuit of the burner unit to the main boiler, scientists said."

You might want to switch to "price scale B" though :->>>

Reply to
Tim Watts

Why is this marked OT? I'm pretty sure BAS are planning to DIY the repair.

Reply to
Martin Bonner

get skypeing Geoff!!

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

In message , Tim Watts writes

If only I had the time ...

Reply to
geoff

You'd think they'd take critical spares with them.

Reply to
harry

They did, which is why this is the second failure: The spare failed too. The Antarctic does things to equipment that you can't always foresee.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

I came back from a trip last February with my equipment intact...