OT: Gearbox/clutch problems

My Honda Jazz CVT is a joy to drive round (insofar as town driving can ever be a joy) and it's in the 15% band for company car tax too - the CO2 figures for the manual and auto are more or less the same.

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Right. I wondered if the friction of a rubber band type made it worse?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

It does, that's why CVTs haven't used rubber in years. They're steel spring links these days.

Reply to
Andy Dingley

I remember when Fiat introduced their original CVT box, in one road test (Top Gear IIRC) the driver had to reverse the car up a hill as the box refused to even try moving the car in a forward gear !...

Reply to
:::Jerry::::