OT Fuel cells

Possible new electricity source for the home.

Run off gas I assume. Possible Feed In Tariffs too.

Reply to
harryagain

"The report was commissioned by Baxi, Ceramic Fuel Cells, Ceres Power, IE-CHP, Johnson Matthey Fuel Cells and Viessman."

So no bias at all...

Reply to
polygonum

The problems with the ones I've seen about are that their efficiency is not great as they need to operate at quite high temperatures. I suppose one could also harvest the low grade heat as well somehow. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

All the ones I have seen intended for domestic use do exactly that and produce copious amounts of hot water as a result. Their problem is that they tend to get poisoned and lose efficiency all too easily.

Reply to
Martin Brown