OT. From the People who brought you Milton Keynes.....

I'm amazed by this....

the reaction to the Danish cartoons, I would expect no less than WW3 if this goes ahead

Reply to
Andy Hall

Apparently they're going to show Team America: World Police at the cinema they're building, too.

Reply to
Hywel Jenkins

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Works for me.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Can you explain your point in words of not more than one syllable for this airhead, please?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I think that their respondant, Chris (from Luton) said most of it:

**** Haven't the people of Najaf suffered enough?! Does this historic city realise what they've bargained for: roundabouts, faceless "boulevards", joy riders in cars with under-chassis lighting, chequered caps, extortionate parking costs, a shopping mall the size of Albania and a no-frills cinema that looks like a pyramid. ****
Reply to
Andy Hall

And dribble? Far worse than anything else.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Absolutely. There are some great vistas in the rear view mirror as you pull onto the M1 ;-)

Reply to
Andy Hall

It wasn't harsh, it's what you should expect from that source :-)

At least you're not living in the same place as it!

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I'm sure they have senile dribblers like you in MK too.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Matt you have never been to MK, that was established a long time ago. You live in a soulless tatty Surrey town with a nutter home in it.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

The planners did a superb job. It is internationally recognised as a major planning success story, and they are doing a major extension of the centre too with tower cranes up. This goes against the original concept of low rise. I used to go there a lot on business and grew fond of the place. I love the grid road system and the roundabouts. 60 to 70mph everywhere. The best road system in Europe. No houses are on the grid, just bushes and trees. At the weekend it comes alive and buzzes. The greenest city I have ever been to, full of lakes. I read that two or three SSIs are in MK.

Last month I drove past the new stadium being built by Wimbledon. It looks big.

MatC, only the ignorant dislike MK. You will find most who don't like it have never been there, or just driven around the grid and you see nothing from the grid except trees and bushes so think nothing is there. Those who live there love it. Great design.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Actually I have, many times, but only for commercial purposes.

Berkshire, actually, and the nutter home is some miles away. What did you say your postcode was?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Luton??? That place is the pits. Must the one of the worst towns in the UK. Not the sort of place you walk around at night. This is probably disappointed with MK because the mugging victims are not as easy.

The boulevards are supposed to be faceless to keep people away and off them as the cars do 70mph on them.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Taking back for repair all those naff Makitas I see.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

That's you and Drivel, then? Suppose that makes 'us'. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Quality products. Never been needed.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Matt, don't porkie tell, you took them back to MK to be fixed.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

** snip senile dribbling babble **

I'm sure MK has institutions suitable for senile people like yourself you - even serving cauliflower cheese too.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Upside down?

Reply to