OT; Freeview

Bet you cannot find anything worth watching:-)

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Dead right. Another 99 channels of rubbish :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Is there a "Watching Paint Dry" channel yet?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Try Quest...;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On reflection, big brother after midnight..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Maybe an aerial would help?

Reply to
OG

In message , OG writes

Reply to
geoff

Warning for Kylie - don't follow that link...

Reply to
Rod

Most main high power stations (and many others) wil remain in band for existing aerials.

A change of aerial /may/ be required. If signals are strong enough and close to the existing group they may be adequate signal. In fringe areas a better aerial will probably be required. Around here I can get all the group A/B signals on the back of my group C/D aerial. That can be a big problem especially where the group A signals are a different region.

If the analogue signal is noise free (no snow on picture) then the co-sited digital should be ok. Sometimes the ITV/CH4 mux may be susceptible to interference due to less robust transmission method used. Occasional break up is often poor quality/old coax, with inadequate screening, picking up impulsive interference from switchs, thermostats etc.

From results so far the new strength is more than adequate.

Very true. See

I've recently upgraded mine, a new log periodic for the local main station (which will no longer be group A), and the original indoor group CD (antiference trucolour) which has been indoors for the last 40 years is now performing perfectly erected outside pointing to a slightly more distant station. Both, however have new coax, of the best satellite stuff.

Reply to
<me9

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS A DIGITAL AERIAL! All RF signals are in the analogue domain, and are only digital after demodulation. A wider bandwidth one may be required at some sites. Some existing 'contract' and 'fashion' aerials were probably crap anyway and would need replacing. CAI certified aerials have to have a balun, which decent aerials have had fron day one.

Multipath is much less of a problem with digital, one of its benefits!

Reply to
<me9

You being just down the road from Bluebell Hill had me puzzled with your first posting. Signals should be good there unless someone has installed a large hill between you and Bluebell H.

Reply to
<me9

But for Bluebell Hill, at least one MUX is out of band until switchover.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Wonder why the postcode checker is so pessimistic?

Reply to
Andy Burns

Not yet, it is scheduled to start its transmissions in the autumn.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Not here it aint.

Reply to