OT Fracking

Chris Huhn in Guardian.

harryagain

Huhne almost makes Cameron seem reasonable.

Reply to
newshound

What I find amusing as that the anti-fracking protesters at Balcombe refuse to accept that there will be no fracking in their area, despite the exploration company explaining, in detail, that the rock is already fractured, so fracking would be superfluous.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

In message , Nightjar writes

But does the Manchester Ship Canal now glow in the dark?

"Cuadrilla believes it can overcome the issue of disposing of radioactive water and says it has run successful trials. But these have yet to be proven full-scale.

The TV investigation, to be shown at 7.30pm tonight on BBC1 in the North-west, also reveals that almost two million gallons of radioactive water produced by Cuadrilla under earlier rules was authorised for discharge, legally, into the Manchester Ship Canal."

Reply to
Bill

Well yes, but we both pee radioactive water.

Reply to
newshound

In message , harryagain writes

Would that be the convicted criminal liar Huhn?

Reply to
bert

yes now there is a fine trustworthy man...

In that well respected journal...

Still having read it, I just used to think he was a bit dim, now he has proven it.

Reply to
John Rumm

If it was discharged legally, they must have satisfied the requirements of the Environment Agency. IME the EA are very difficult to satisfy so, if they are happy, I have no reason to disagree.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Why does the picture of Cameron captioned "David Cameron, the British prime minister, tours a shale drilling plant near Gainsborough, in Lincolnshire, on 13 January." have a nodding donkey pump in the background?

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Seemed fairly accurate to me though he overlooked a few points. It will nevertheless have to be done. I didn't know about the radioactive water.

Reply to
harryagain

Because the Guardian is shit?

Reply to
Huge

British

Just the Guardian?

Looks like the site camaroon visited was one of four existing oil (hence nodding donkey) *production* sites on the "Gainsborough Trough". Total *might* be buying up the rights, so they can explore for gas.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Tee hee, I wonder who has shares in which faccing company? Brian

Reply to
Brian_Gaff

The Guardian is particularly shit. It's the one newspaper I won't pick up if there's one lying about on the train.

Reply to
Huge

It's handy if there s no bog paper tho.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And they here the words drilling rig and that's what they think of.

Reply to
bert