OT - For the drinkers

Beer up by 4p a pint, wine 14p a bottle, spirits 55p a bottle and cider 3p a litre by Sunday. Duties on alcohol will go up by 2% above inflation for next four years.

First the smokers, then the drinkers..........

Who's next?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Cake eaters - believe me.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Cap

In message , The Medway Handyman wrote

But Greene King Abbot Ale is still only £1.26 in JDW pubs.

Reply to
Alan

17.5% on condoms, probably.

Which should make "DIY" more popular, at least. ;-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

The message from "The Medway Handyman" contains these words:

I'm led to believe that the implications for small businesses are none too good...

Reply to
Anne Jackson

The message from Andy Cap contains these words:

Pie scoffers first...

Reply to
Anne Jackson

No change there then!

Small businesses are hard pressed to stay afloat. Red-Tape, High interest, Taxes etc etc.

Naturally the huge conglomerates that many MPs have their finger into would (have* to be appeased because the share dividends and kick-backs would stop if they pissed off the MDs.

Reply to
RW

Straw-man argument...

Reply to
:Jerry:

Err, I doubt it, in fact I suspect that the net result of any such a tax would cost the country more than it could ever raise, what with the increased expenditure on single parent benefits etc... :~(

Reply to
:Jerry:

I've got a bag of sausage skins in the freezer. Any offers?

Mary

Reply to
Mary Fisher

I have read that banana skins are better for DIY. Never tried them though ;-)

Dave

Reply to
Dave