OT Flight oever NewZealand

Impressive but, Suspect this has been faked up. What does the team think?

Reply to
harryagain

Why would anybody faking it include cloud cover on the approach to the airport? IMO a fake would also more likely show the pilot's eye view, rather than the co-pilot's. It would also need to be quite impressive software to get the reflections in the windscreen right.

Reply to
Nightjar

IMO Speed increased, but that's about it.

I do feel in a way sorry for anyone who gets a good video or picture these days, as the original reaction (mine included) is almost always "fake"

Reply to
CB

No other aircraft/ buildings at airport.

Reply to
harryagain

The terminal buildings are on the right at the start of the runway. Looking at their webcams, there are no aircraft there at the moment.

Reply to
Nightjar

Real, runway 05, approached from SSW

The Other Mike

You can see the cricket ground to the left of the runway (ball is just about to cross the boundary ;-) )

Reply to
Bob Martin

Dropping through the cloud with big bits of rock dead ahead and my balls were rapidly retracting.

There are quite a few cockpit video approaches into Aspen that are interesting.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Me too the first time round whilst the time compression was affecting the percieved flight dynamics leading to my thinking this footage was from a light aircraft rather than a well equipped commercial airliner.

Reply to
Johny B Good