OT - Fitted kitchen quote

Indeed - but as an argument, it might be useful. :-)

Reply to
Rod

I'm quoting for a similar sized kitchen at the mo. Mid-range units/doors from Howdens, standard worktops, oven/fridge/hob included, laminate floor, remainder of walls tiled. Looks like it'll be £5000ish, maybe lower dependant on cost of fittings. I'm expecting to charge £1000 labour for the 2 weeks or so I'll be there. Units are £1000 - 1500ish, appliances £900, tiles £250, floor £100, worktops sink and taps £600, Corgi Man £150, other extras are likely to be £500. Granite worktops are bloody expensive.Depending on length, I wouldnt be surprised at £500/metre.

15k does seem a lot. HTH Alan.
Reply to
A.Lee

Their trading arm, Howdens haven't, but this was about a month ago, and the kitchen was definately from MFI.

Reply to
Phil L

Thanks Alan - very interesting.

Looks like I've got the wrong kitchen fitter here :-( He's done work for us before and he's *very* good - *much* too good for our needs me thinks. Just asked him if he did kitchens and he said yes and he wasn't much more expensive than others. Guess he's not aware of "normal" charges. His quotes for appliances frightened me (He assured us he could get them "cheap") - I can get them *much* cheaper than he can - surely he must know this ?

Don't think we'll be using him - I'll speak to him next week.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Hugh Jampton

not induction hob. I've looked in most of the popular electrical outlets around East Lancs and never seen one. Supermarkets in France /Spain have them though (cheapest I've seen was 359 euro - Hyper U for four place hob)

Wish I'd got one before the exchange rate crashed

Reply to
JTM