OT - Firefox latest release

Having followed the diversion on the gridwatch thread, I thought I would check if my Firefox was up to date.

I am on Firefox 10 and the Help->About Firefox says I am up to date.

However if I go to

it tells me I am not on the latest version and gives a link to an upgrade page. Of course, if I follow the link it then tells me I am up to date.

Someone somewhere is being economical with the truth.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David WE Roberts

Yes, Google (com and co.uk) does the same thing to me. I'm sure Google will fix it soon; I'm wondering if their detection code hasn't been updated yet, so when faced with a version it doesn't know about it defaults to coughing up the warning.

cheers

Jules

Reply to
Jules Richardson

It happened the other way for me. It said I was up to date but I wasn't.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I reckon that's the answer, it says the same about 11.0a2 not being "the latest version" as well :)

Lee

Reply to
Lee

Version 10.x is the current stable version and if you're updating on the release channel, that's the latest you'll see.

Version 11 is currently in beta test, so won't show up on the updates unless you're on that update channel. The latest version available for download on the test channel is the alpha test version of 13.

Reply to
John Williamson

No need, only a few months between v3 and v10 !!

Reply to
Bob Martin

What do you expect from Firepox?

MBQ