OT: Fax via PC

Hi,

Anyone know of a fax programme that will automatically forward a copy of a received fax by email?

TIA

Reply to
no-one

Dunno about "automatically" but anything here take your fancy?

Usenet Nutter

is called "automailer". Just need something to cover a period that a fax machine proper cannot be attended.

Regards.

Reply to
no-one

It's worth a check with your ISP to see if they offer anything - mine issues an individual fax number, that delivers an email to me, with the fax as a tiff attachment.

SteveW

Reply to
Steve Walker

I use

which will do the job; but you need to use a new (free-to-obtain expensive-to-use 0871) number - not sure if you mean you want to use an existing fax number?

David

Reply to
Lobster
[snip}

Thanks for the suggestions. Situation is I have a fax machine but wanted, if possible, to swop it out for a PC+fax software while I was away. Hopefully, the software would then email any incoming faxes to a colleague elsewhere in the interim. (Fax number for receive has to stay the same)

Regards.

Reply to
no-one

Not sure S-fax on Linux doesn't do that.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Could you temporarily divert the existing fax number to the Faxtastic one? I presume you can seamlessly divert fax calls in the same way you can with voice calls?

It would mean that you'd be paying for forwarding calls to 0871 xxx, so it would depend if this was a quick'n dirty solution just to trap the odd incoming fax, or whether it's intended to forward a large number of them over a reasonable period.

David

Reply to
Lobster