OT - Fascinating Question !!

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "D55" saying something like:

Absolutely. Fruit scones especially.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Very good !! Right on the money all the way ! :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Who walks into a cafe in a morning and eats scones?

I would be able to smell the full english fry up a mile away. And do you get black pudding on your full english?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Ah yes, good call on the "Stone of..." option, I'd forgotten that one.

Reply to
Lino expert

But what do you put on it first - lard or HP sauce ?

Reply to
geoff

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember Lino expert saying something like:

Only posh gits.

Normal people and Scotland.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Only HP. No other brown sauce comes close to it.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

waitrose own brand is so similar as to be deeply suspicious...

As are their beans to Heinz..

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

No, we've never done BP on the full English. The missus likes it herself, and keeps saying that she is going to start including it, but you know how it is with these things. Once you start making something in a certain way, you tend to just keep on doing it the same. The full English is very popular, particularly with the 'trades', but we also get lots of old dears in, and they'll eat a scone with their tea or coffee, any time from when they start coming in around 9am, which is just after the scones come out of the oven, so you can smell them, too ! :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Ahhh, Waitrose ... What a civilized shop that is. Always calm. Lots of space down the aisles. Super pleasant and helpful staff. Own-brand food to rival M&S's. And contrary to popular belief, actually no more expensive on general grocery, than Tesco. We shop there every week. No other place in the running ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

Apart from, perhaps, Ocado....!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Oh but that takes the fun out of actually going there, and seeing what deals they've got on their ready meals that are a day or two from the sell-by date ... :-)

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

tried it. No range at all.