OT - Fascinating Question !!

Absolutely not. We have two cafes, and we do both scones and custard, and quite rightly, no one's ever asked for them on the same plate ...

Arfa

Reply to
Arfa Daily

No! Its agin nature. No good will ever come of it.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I'd have to say yes, custard goes with scones, custard goes with anything pastry and sweet - obviously not sausage rolls, but fruit pies and crumbles, and any kind of cake, and I'd call a scone a type of cake

Reply to
Phil L

When me mum used to burn cakes, the only way we could get them down was with custard ! At some stage her cooking improved and its fantastic now ;-) Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Scones need clotted cream and jam.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I think most scones would be a bit too dense to absorb the custard for the ultimate solid-liquid interface.

Custard doughnuts are quite nice though.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Jam first, then cream? Or cream first, then jam?

Reply to
S Viemeister

I'll risk trying either variation.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Even cheese scones?

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Surely it all leaks down the back and makes a mess of the wall?

Oh, *scones*

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Oh, c'mon! Jam first, then cream on the jam.

Reply to
Graeme

Cheesy custard!

Reply to
John Rumm

Yup, another vote for that!

Reply to
John Rumm

Ideally, thin layer of jam on both cut surfaces of the scone, and lashings of cream between!

Reply to
John Rumm

Phil L writes

Many years ago the talk of the queue in the works canteen was that someone had just purchased a Cornish Pasty coated with custard. No reports were heard regarding this gastronomic delight.

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Simpson

Dr Who ate custard with fishfingers.

Mind you when I was at Uni I ate a tin of dog food for a bet.

It would have tasted nicer with custard.

Reply to
ARWadsworth

A cow-orker at a previous place of employ used to eat black pudding dipped in yoghurt.

Does custard go with fish fingers?

Reply to
Huge

Between? You don't mean you (shudder) re-assemble the scone?

BURN THE HERETIC!

Reply to
Huge

Depends whether it's in Cornwall or Devon.....

And then there's the knotty question of whether to butter or not.

Reply to
The Wanderer