OT: Famous for 15 minutes.

Well, seven minutes actually.

Got a call from BBC Radio Kent yesterday, they found me via the website.

They were doing a slot on DIY Disasters prior to the Easter DIY boom and wanted the views of a professional.

Spent 7 minutes on the phone this morning live on air, got the company name mentioned twice!

I just lurve free publicity!

Should you be bored enough to wish to listen to my inane ramblings, its on after 1 hour 49 mins here;

The Medway Handyman

>Well done, that handyman. All publicity is good publicity.

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

the point. Work out how much that coverage would have cost you in advertising. Magic.

Reply to
ericp

Very engaging, my Mum has drilled through pipes before lol

Reply to
David

Love it.

Nice one

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Well I've done that. Picked up a bit of loose floorboard at my brother's, saw the central heating pipe underneath, and then nailed the board down onto the pipe.

It was Feb so they weren't best pleased.

Reply to
Tim Streater

So have I. Not the example on the radio though :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Gerald Ratner might disagree

Colin Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

You speak very well. I wouldn't be surprised if you get a few more media calls.

Or you could try promoting yourself to do a regular slot "diy tip of the week" sort of thing.

Reply to
dom

I see he has competition. The first sounds uncomfortably familiar:

Medway Handyman Service:

Kent Handyman:

Bruce

alaskan dogs, a chameleon lizard, some fish and a jackdaw!

That's enough to put me off having him in my house....

Reply to
Tim

Bruce wibbled on Thursday 01 April 2010 08:51

Reply to
Tim Watts

A jackdaw? Just one?

Reply to
Bruce

The first one was too dark to read easily - but clicking on a button in Opera soon fixed that. TMH seems to be the only one of the 3 with any local logo.

Reply to
PeterC

He sounds worryingly normal for a usenet inhabitant ;)

Reply to
Jules Richardson

Surprisingly, most of them are.

Reply to
Huge

Did that with a gas pipe a few years ago. Thought 'That's a gas pipe, must be careful when I put the floorboards back' then put a nail through it. It was just at the time when British Gas had started to say they would charge for self-iinflicted damage - they were there within the hour and made no charge.

Reply to
Peter Johnson

Doubt it. People like him rarely lose everything.

Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember "The Medway Handyman" saying something like:

Thank ged it was only seven minutes - any longer hearing that pair of buffoons presenting the show would have made me switch off. You were ok, though.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

The male presenter was just about OK (by the rock bottom standards of local radio) but that woman ... Jeez! She's the sort of presenter that stops people listening to their local radio station.

TMH came across very well. A natural for the radio. Who knows, if he's better looking than Tommy Walsh, perhaps a career in TV beckons?

;-)

Reply to
Bruce