OT Family Argument

Anyone want to give their opinion if I give the details?

And it does involve money (mine not yours).

Reply to
ARWadsworth

This ng is never short of opinions. Whether they are all worth listening to is of course another matter. ;-)

Reply to
Roger Chapman

Don't bother with the details - we never read them anyway.

I'm sure you'll still get plenty of opinions without them.

Reply to
dom

Don't bother with the details - we never read them anyway.

I'm sure you'll still get plenty of opinions without them.

Not in my opinion.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Tell 'em if they _really_ want it when you're dead, they better be damn nice to you now.

If they want it while you're still alive they better be even nicer ...

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Family + money = answer is it'll end in tears.

But by all means go on to give the detailed question(s) ;)

Reply to
Robin

The trick is to become penniless on the day you die, I wish I knew how to do it.

Reply to
brass monkey

Easy DIY solution: carry all you own with you in cash; and wander about a bit at night around here or in Brixton, Toxteth etc etc. I assure you the option to die and be penniless will present itself to you before long, albeit you *may* have to help a little by not handing the money over when asked.

Reply to
Robin

The family will usually help you :-)

Reply to
js.b1

A sizable fraction of humanity do just that.

Reply to
Gib Bogle

Whatever it is, you are right its a waste of money.

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Due to top posting and random signatures going weird, I read that as "Brian thinks something Brian said is a waste of money"...

Reply to
Tim Watts

You could pay all your money to a hitman. Though that's probably not the way you'd want it to end.

Reply to
root

Reply to
stuart noble

You could donate everything to a charity in your will if you hate your family that much - do you really hate ALL your family? And you can give money to a friend, it doesn't have to a be a relation of course.

Reply to
Lieutenant Scott

SNIP

mily that much - do you really hate ALL your family? =A0And you can give mo= ney to a friend, it doesn't have to a be a relation of course.

ng to have a really shitty day.- Hide quoted text -

I could take it off your hands

Reply to
cynic

never lend money to family that you expect to get back

tim

Reply to
tim......

I'm suggesting that if you have a "nest-egg", spending the last few quid on the last day of your life is the target :) Y'know, maybe enjoying your money in a linear fashion until its all gone on the final day.

Reply to
brass monkey

how very true

Reply to
charles

Never lend *anything* that you expect back.

Reply to
John Williamson