OT - Experian - subscribe online, can't cancel online

Mmmm. And I've noticed that it seems possible for outfits (such as CC and insurance companies), to set up a DD based on your say-so over the phone, without you appearing to need to sign and return a DD form.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Cheeky but you just unilaterally cancel that one as well, IIRC they have to write to you giving you the information about the new DD. They really don't have a foot to stand on using a DD authorisation dated pre the cancelation.

I find that unilaterally cancelling a DD grabs a companies attention very quickly, almost like grabbing 'em by the short and curlies.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

We use a bill consolidation service (Moneyway), who require express consent of the account holder to make any changes to the DDs on the account. It's a nice buffer to have between ourselves and providers.

Reply to
Jethro

Interesting - shall look into that - ta.

Reply to
Tim Watts

Isn`t a great wheeze , selling people their own data, on subscription.

You can put in a statutory request for =A32 , it dosen`t have the whizzy graphics, but gives you an idea how inaccurate the data Experian hold may be.

get any idea of how inaccurate, you need the reference files from all three agencies, they probably won`t match.....

Cheers Adam

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

To follow up, the telephone cancellation wasn't too bad. There's a bit of a run-around "can we interest you in our other products are services?" type guff - but probably only about 2 minutes total call time.

Reply to
dom

Never had a problem with Admiral.

They send a reminder of the impending auto-renewal.

I shop around.

Admiral are invariably still the best deal.

It get's renewed automatically.

Job done.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

Oh nasty! Thanks for the info. - I hadn't realised that.

Reply to
PeterC

What I'd really like to do is have a problem with a DD to a big organisation

- SAGA would do - that has tens of thousands of DDs then get the licence suspended. That'd sort the abstrads out!

Reply to
PeterC

Pizza Hut ask you to agree to their Ts&Cs before ordering.

I phoned instead.

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ