OT: EU and Canada

Not to remoaners.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

And that tiny matter seems of no importance to the leavers. I've often wondered why. Is it really more important to be poor but have 'sovereignty'? Is that really what the majority voted for?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I thought you said you knew what everyone voted for.

Reply to
whisky-dave

No. It's the leavers who need to step in and take all those jobs they said were being pinched by immigrants. All the care industry work, etc. Plenty of job opportunities there. If those nasty immigrants can't find work they'll all go home.

I'd also be interested how you think the average person can assist with setting up new trade deals to replace our EU one?

But they could make a start by not buying anything that isn't made in the UK.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The ones I know voted for CONTROLLED immigration but no suprise you can't t ell the differnce, rather than unlimited like you and coborn want. You'd give a house/home to an immigrant who cares for cars rather than humans.

They can;t can they, they can make their thoughts heard like Tesco did. if unilever said due to BREXIT we're putting up the cosytv if marmite to £10 a jar if you'r mug enough to pay it they'll take yuor money just l ike any other con artists.

Those average peolpe with higher inteligence than yuorself will see that any rise in cost of marmite and this time was due to exchange rates not bec uase raw materials have been brought from pluto and priced in dollars.

Resulting in a 3-4% increase rather than the 10% your suckered into paying.

Does that include marmite. How about iPhones are they made in teh EU or made in a country where there is a trade deal, then again why not buy a galexy note 7, or any other phone ?

Reply to
whisky-dave

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

That's because you're not very bright otherwise you'd realise it's the remoaners who don't care about the UK

The majority voted for the prosperity that will come from being released from the suffocating embrace of the EU. I know you are too thick to see that at the moment but in time you will come to thank us for seeing through all the Cameron/Remoan bullshit and regaining our sovereignty.

Reply to
bert

Oh he does, frequently. And he can foretell the future through his crystal ball which I think he bought on e-bay.

Reply to
bert

I'll give you 100 quid if you can find me saying that. BTW, approximately one half of immigration was controlled. Limited to EU citizens. The other half in theory controlled by the government.

And care to explain what you mean by 'control'? Allowing those in who have a job to go to? Like fruit pickers?

You think the falling pound will have no effect on retail prices?

And only a total idiot would think the selling price is based purely on the supply costs of the contents.

I've no need to buy any of them. I already have a phone.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

The only things I found to be good from Ikea were their bookcases and chest of drawers. Nearly everything else has been a disappointment. Ikea may be cheap but quality has never been impressive.

Reply to
pamela

Did get a pretty decent computer workstation from them ages ago. Made from pine, rather than chipboard. Would have been perfect except for the missing bits and the hassle to get them replaced.

On the other occasions I've looked at things there - like say towels - not surprised they are cheap.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

More accurately, those who bothered to vote decided, mostly on the basis of the lies everyone told about each alternative.

Reply to
Jack Johnson

That's obvious.

They don't, and no way of enforcing that even if they did.

Reply to
Jack Johnson

In article , Jack Johnson writes

So you are?

So you think we can totally ignore International law?

Reply to
bert

Effectively free. They will want leavers to think they won something.

Reply to
dennis

We do make computers so a tariff to protect them is likely.

Reply to
dennis

Yes and the UK is in the EU. How well it will do outside is yet to be seen.

Reply to
dennis

You havent established that leavers will be poor after Britain leaves the EU.

Nope, most who voted to leave did so because they want the complete freedom of movement of EU citizens to Britain stopped.

Reply to
Plowcunt fucker

No - not at all, and of course families follow economic migrants, as is right and proper. The 'pure idea' was workers.

My view of the free movement thing was very different. A

Again, the principle of free movement-cheap labour won't always stick, and I agree, plenty of exceptions. But the principle of free movement is needed for economic efficiency. Where's the value in a visa?

Nope, it's the notion that the EU provided a 'fortress' for trade within, and exports and imports, and mutual reinforcement of member states' infrastructure. I think its similar to the United States in a number of ways.

But if not guns, we're still pretty robust at the borders - witness the current refugee crises.

I'm finding it increasingly difficult to know where all this might go. But I'm not optimistic.

Reply to
RJH

Well there you go. You cant possibly know whey people voted the way they did.

Opinion polls suggest - only suggest - that the biggest single issue was immigration, and sovereignty in its broadest sense followed on. I.e. people felt the EU wasn't making good decisions on their behalf, and the immigration clusterfuck was the prime example of this.

Economics didn't play a part in leavers minds, but featured strongly in remoaners. Who were revealed as paranoid greedy and selfish, and easily swayed by project fear.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

While brexiteers don't actually care about what happens to the poorer members of society. Like harry claims everyone can be rich if they worked hard enough. 8-|

Reply to
dennis