OT: Email from Samsung

Just had an email from Samsung. Here's the subject:-

50% off the IconX or Gear Fit2 when you buy the Galaxy S7 or S7 edge
Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

S7, not Note 7.

Reply to
Scott M

It's the Note7 that's been bursting into flames, not the S7, if that's what you were implying ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Yes indeed, and as far as I know none have actually burst into flames that quickly. Its the tdk branded batteries I understand, but it could be that the charger is not well designed in those, either way it sounds like somebody dropped the ball badly here. On the email, are you sure its not some scam?

This morning many of my accounts have said dropbox has sent me a document. Very unlikely as if they had it would appear in my folder or indeed have a link in the email that remotely looked like a dropbox copied link, which it does not. I suspect it is, once again an attempt to infect peoples machines. Its getting so boringly tiresome. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

And washing machines in AUS and the USA.

whisky-dave

Ah. They might be wise to have less ambiguous naming. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Having recently bought a new washing machine, Samsung's reputation in the USA and poor handling of the issues certainly put me off their laundry products even if they are completely different here.

(There were other factors - this was only one strand of the decision making.)

Reply to
polygonum

I made the mistake of buying an expensive large Samsung TV a couple of years ago. It failed just outside warranty. And spares to repair it were ridiculously expensive. Luckily, found used parts which did.

But I quite like my S5 phone. Very good camera.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I have had two Samsung phones - pre-smart slider with what was then regarded as a high-res camera. And later a Galaxy S2. Lack of software updates was disappointing but the phone itself was very acceptable.

Reply to
polygonum