OT : Electric Drill Batteries

I know that folk usually wish to find out if they can remove the batteries in their rechargeable drills but my question is the reverse. I've got an expensive drill with a dead battery and the replacement cost is silly money. Does any know of a company that will replace the batteries at a reasonable cost?

Many thanks in advance Pat Carpenter

Reply to
Pat Carpenter

about 85% of the cost of an electric drill is the batteries.

If you can split the pack open,

is a good place to get new cells.

Someone else will re-battery old packs for you. I have X=-posrted to uk.d-i-y as someone in there knows the answer.

Expect to pay 2-3 quid per cell, so a 9.6v unit will cost up to 24 quid,

and a 12v unit up to 30 quid for cells alone, never mind labour.

A good source of cheaper cells is 'sale price' power tools being dumped.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I've used re-cell several times, they are the same price as diy but with better batteries and delivery!!!

MrCheerful

Reply to
MrCheerful