OT Economic transport

I need to send a collection of items (dining table and six or eight chairs, vacuum cleaner, two life size heads, fan heaters, side tables, etc.) from the south of England to the north of Scotland. Had thought of a pallet transport but am having doubts that is the best option.

Speed is unimportant. Security and economy are the key issues. Also, easy arrangements for pick-up and drop-off.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions, please? It's a bit too far to want to hire a van and drive it all myself.

Reply to
polygonum

I would use a removals company. They will come in, pick everything up, pack and load it and unload it at the other end.

Reply to
Nightjar

For a price if they can't get a return trip as well.

I'd look on eBay to see what "man with a van" services are being offered. We've had furniture bought on eBay delivered by such means. Man takes on picking stuff up and dropping stuff off and plans an effcient route accordingly. Might take a while for the pickup to happen then a few days to arrival. Economy is normally good as they try to always have a load or two on board (no running empty). Security I wouldn't be surprised if man sleeps in van...

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In message , polygonum writes

I've not used them, but they've been around for a while:

Nick

We had some furniture sent from North London to the West Coast of Ireland by Pickfords. It took a couple of weeks, since they consolidated the shipments until they had a full load, but the stuff was delivered undamaged.

Reply to
Huge

pack them well into a > 35kg box and phone a courier. At that weight it will be a no-hub option. So you should get a door to door driver for it.

It will be expensive

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

+1 I've used them quite a few times and not had any problems. Nick (another another Nick)
Reply to
Nick

It's not very flexible is it?

How do you tell them how big your "house removal" is

how do you tell then if you are going to help load

how do you tell them if you need to travel with them

how do you tell them if you need a lift back (or there?)

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Did you miss the box for

"+ [optional] If you wish - add dimensions, price and extra info"

Reply to
Andy Burns

Looks very possible - thanks.

Reply to
polygonum

There are removal services that will drop off, then collect loaded, a storage container

Otherwise a freight company that will do a container load or part container load.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

If you mean did I miss it because it isn't there

yes I did

(the only + I have is "other items" and all that does is put "other items" in the box)

(FF and Chrome - it doesn't even display the pull down list on IE. I thought that was because I have the pop up blocker on, but turning it off made no difference)

tim

Reply to
tim.....