OT. Ebay [Feedback]

Bought a satellite dish from an Ebay vendor

ssatellite-expert (1241 Feedback score: 1241)

100% Positive Feedback

The dish was late, delivered by Yodel and neither "Ssatellite-expert" or myself could find out what happened to it.

When it finally arrived, I didn't want the hassle of returning it, so I accepted it, in spite of obtaining an alternative.

I wasn't happy and left feedback saying this.

The vendor wasn't happy, but as I pointed out, he chose the carrier not I.

Negative feedback is gone, it was factual and not in the slightest way abusive. Can't contact Ebay they have my number and then say they can't get in touch, yet no one else has problems.

There is a distinct rat like aroma about all this.

I suppose it isn't in Ebays interest to have too many dodgy vendors, hence the selective approach to "feedback"

From my experience of Yodel, anyone using the shower must have no end of frustrated angry customers.

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Feedback is about the actual Ebay seller or yourself. If there were problems with the carrier and you chose not to do anything about it like cancelling the order and getting a refund, it's hardly the fault of the seller.

Wanting to leave negative feedback while accepting the goods is simply putting the boot in.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Depending how late it was they are in Corsham but it's not clear where they ship from. I get this on azazom quite a lot. we order for UK delivery whic h usualy means it's not coming from the UK. Similar to next day despatch, d oesn't mean it'll arrive next day or even the day after.

yes iof the ebay sellar choses a slow delivery system or an unrelible one s urely it's teh sellars fault not the buyers.

On amazon there's seprate rating for the arrival and condition it's in then for the product itself, maybe some get them confused.

But sometime sit's just no worth the hassle.

It's probbly the reason we don't claim back the health care money the NHS s hould due to the process and how many people it takes it';d probbaly cost m ore than the treatment in admin fees.

I know what it's like, admin charge us £30 for writing a cheque.

Reply to
whisky-dave

If they are shitty goods, you demand a refund.

If you buy goods which give problems after the time when you can demand a refund from Ebay, you're in the same position as buying goods anywhere.

To hold a seller responsible for the failings of a delivery service which isn't under his control is simply putting the boot in. Even RM data post has been known to lose stuff. As has every other delivery service.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

If the seller resolves the problem quickly and satisfactorily, you still want to put the boot in? Should the seller be allowed to give negative feedback to you as being an awkward customer?

You really think the most basic RM service better than all others? Got news for you...

If someone is charging excessive P&P, don't buy from them. Hardly rocket science.

Really. Seems you wish to be able to give negative feedback on a whim.

You'll be one of those who expects a Rolls Royce and Rolls service when buying a Trabant, then?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I really think you are taking a very blinkered approach.

The seller stated he used Yodel because they carried large parcels for a few quid.

What's the alternative, shut up and say nothing, let the sellers other punters find out the hard way?

AB

Reply to
Archibald Tarquin Blenkinsopp

Yes its not just Ebay, that carrier must be all the worst ex Pparcle farce and post office ones. A friend found some discs just pitched over his back fence when they had apparently got his signature, but he was not even in the country and the guy who they should try if he was not home was never contacted.

Maybe they thought it was a little bad that it was the carrier who ballsed it up, but as you say, they are a right shower of cowboys from what I hear. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Amazon don't seem to suffer from this problem IME.

Reply to
Capitol

That'd be a good place to start.

Reply to
Richard

In article , "Dave Plowman (News)" writes

That would depend on how the complaint was worded. The feedback is to help other prospective buyers.

Reply to
bert

At the end of the day, *you* pay postage. Many of these sellers give you a choice of delivery methods if you must have it quickly - especially with bulky good that can't go letter post. But you'd pay more.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You paid for the goods and also the delivery but eBay only lets you comment on the goods.

There's a significant difference to me between the seller using Yodel or Royal Mail Special Delivery. There can also be a significant difference in the way goods are packed. However, it seems comments on delivery and packaging are not invited.

It's not a great system.

I have found Amazon will refuse to post such comments under their product reviews.

Reply to
pamela

This is the thrust of the matter - most buyers want the lowest possible headline price.

Since most sellers pass all of the delivery cost onto the customer (as they should!), there is no aspect of "cost saving" using a cheaper one, but they might get fewer sales though if they include fedex as standard for every transaction.

Reply to
John Rumm

I would rather pay more for a good courier because I have had enough of waiting a couple of weeks for the Royal Mail to declare an item is lost in the post -- as I am currently doing again.

Unfortunately some vendors, who have a standard way of despatching goods, don't give you the option of paying more for an alternative courier. I should buy elsewhere but some of these items are hard to source.

Reply to
pamela

I'm finding the 'click and collect' (at a local shop, or Argos) a not bad option where offered.

Reply to
RJH

Yes - that's my preferred for ebay these days - it's a very civilised system.

Reply to
Tim Watts

I must put in my twopence worth here.

I was involved with construction over 30 years. Physical and creative. However, each of the jobs had it's effect on me due to the nature of the tools I used shaping my body. I decided that, at the age of 63, if I want a job that keeps me strong, it needs to be a well balanced one.Walking and carrying for 8 hours a day will do that.

So, in trying to 'get in' somewhere I reluctantly went to a 'parcel' distribution company. I say reluctant because I didn't want to be involved in this particular type of work which I witnessed on a TV documentary showing how abusive the workers were with parcels. However, to show my mettle, I offered a weeks work trial.

Well, how surprised was I to witness what I did? This place was a 70's building. It looked 'used', if you understand me? This place became very busy at times. Company literature was about reducing staff stress advising taking a 10 minute break if you feel stress. Very nice, and, as it was my first week, I made use of it once or twice.

Yet, I also saw people working just as hard while working with a buttie hanging out of their mouths. This made me curious, given that a break could be had if they wanted it? I later found out that the company has a bonus scheme. The bonus was a healthy amount, too. Based upon the increase in company revenue due to people understating the correct weight of the parcels. The more items a shift got through, the better the bonus.

So, the expectancy I had due to the TV show?

Although everyone was busy, they kept an eye on each other, were helpful and informative, often saving me making a mistake putting an item in the wrong area code or, trailer. (So, OP, it could well be people like me in my first weeks that sent your parcel elsewhere?) The place had a large area where 'lost' items stood because labelling had been lost somewhere along the way. Given that some of these items came from an unfamiliar source, tracing them back can be impossible. Otherwise, items like an 8ft tractor tyre that have known manufactures can be traced.

The workers really did care about the goods. You would be frowned upon if you dropped something. You would be told if it was being carried or stored the wrong way up or, if the item should be too low in what might be a heavy stack. Items falling off the conveyor belt and rollers, due to the person loading it not being able to see beyond a large item, or it's shape, was also a cause of embarrassment.

So, do the parcel companies care? Well, I cannot speak for all but, they certainly did where I was. And, I am not talking about the Controllers, (who were also busy workers), I am talking about the ordinary worker.

Reply to
RayL12

Yes, given how busy people are these days, a collection pod/hub is a great idea. Poor postie has to carry things up 2 flights of stairs to get to me and often, get no response.

There are a few delivery/distribution companies using them. Sadly, not as ready available in as many places as they could be.

Reply to
RayL12