OT: Driving electric cars in winter

Quite. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

'... feelingS'?

That's good, we understand each other then. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

It's funny isn't it ... how *some people* don't understand there is often more to a question than the question itself.

It's like if we are considering buying something of value from an Internet sale or auction we might ask a (semi genuine) question as a means of sounding out the interest, attitude or responsiveness of the seller.

If they answer a question quickly, accurately and with the appropriate 'spirit' then the chances are they are a good seller (buyer still beware etc).

No reply at all could simply mean they posted the wrong email address or were away etc but that still might be useful information if it was something you needed positive confirmation on before buying.

I have also learned (especially on Usenet) the more the fanatic the less chance of any of the above (including) 'RTFM'.

That also highlighted the understanding that we are all different and their 'difference' often means they don't see how their reactions aren't typical (of the population at large and especially how it should be in a discussion group). ;-)

A question on 'Driving electric cars in winter' might specifically mean and be restricted to that or (and most commonly), open to other discussion around that general topic. Like, because I have owned an electric car with no heater for a long time, it got me thinking of alternative means of heating that would be safe (to the human occupants from asphyxiation / poisoning and fire safety) and wouldn't impact the range etc.

*We* know all that of course ... ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

No, I meant feeling.

Yup.

Reply to
Davey

And electricity would be free.

Reply to
ARW

Is that what we say though? Are you suggesting you are agreeing with my viewpoint on something (as in 'I have a feeling' about), even though it appeared that you initially didn't (or you wouldn't have said what you did)?

I made a grammatical error.

You corrected me.

I said thanks but that I didn't care (under the circumstances).

You agreed?

If so, were you agreeing that it doesn't matter or that you didn't care that I didn't care (or summat else)?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Yes. Or maybe No.

Reply to
Davey

Thanks, that's straightened that out. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

or was it too cheap to meter

AJH

Reply to
news

If range is a problem I use my other conventional car. The electric car has done 15,000 miles, no discernible reduction in range yet. S/hand electric cars are very cheap. There are now third party battery suppliers who are much cheaper than the manufacturer, Apparently.

Reply to
harry

99% of all information can be found in minutes on the internet.
Reply to
harry

So you have a second second car?

Is that because the range was imperceptible in the first place? ;-)

They are? Care to show some examples of something worthwhile you would consider cheap please harry? Particularly in comparison with an equivalent condition / spec IC engined car and even ignoring 'performance' (and given a petrol engined car wouldn't generally need anything big / expensive replaced much under 100,000 miles).

And as good?

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Whoosh.

Like I said, there is often more to an answer than 'information'.

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

"It must be true, I read it on the internet"

Also holds true for some of the websites you like to post!

Reply to
Mark

Hehe ... and also, by the use of formats like Usenet, you can actually have a conversation with other people, assuming you are actually interested and able to consider other peoples views and opinions of course. ;-)

He believes them so he's happy. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

So to run an electric car one must also buy a conventional car as back up just in case you want to go on a journey on a cold dark night.

Reply to
bert

What has "cold dark night" got to do with it? Fantasizing again?

My other car is a hobby car. I don't use it that often. I could manage perfectly well with the electric car alone.

Reply to
harry

Because you have to use the (possibly) electric heater, electric screen demister and electric lights and when the battery may have reduced capacity because of the cold?

So, you electric car has the exact same range when used on a cold night as a warm day? That's the same as the bogus logic you (used to) use to try to suggest you weren't happy to earn money off the rest of us with your FIT ripoff.

I think I got that from the first line. ;-)

Which we fuel for you of course? You know, should you (no 'we' as 'we' pay for it) have any surplus solar electricity that you don't actually want to export, you can just run the electric car round the block a few times (as you never need to go any further in any case) and then put it on charge to soak up that surplus to save any of us getting any of it ever!

Cheers, T i m

Reply to
T i m

Electric cars have less range when you need to run heating and headlights... something one might want to do on a "cold dark night".

Only that you might one day acquire a clue.

That's because you are retired and spend all day on your computer.

Reply to
John Rumm

but to be fair, a lot of people could do with just an electric car if their main use is shopping and short commuting and the school run about 90% of my journeys could be electric car journeys

Its the other 10% that are the problem

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher