OT downloading a directory structure and all files therein....

Just before the BNP band starts up again:-

I've found a nice web resource where some kind soul has arranged lots of OE info in directories ans subdirectories etc and then PDFs & JPGs in each.

How can I "grab" the whole lot onto my PC?

Reminded me of website work I did a bit of but when I tried FTP programs the site won't let me log in, yet using http I can read/ download them all - but only one at once....

thanks JimK

Reply to
JimK

JimK wibbled on Friday 13 November 2009 18:54

wget

it has lots of options for mirror all of or subsections of a website.

Sure there is a windows binary of it somewhere, assuming that's what you need.

Reply to
Tim W

yeah I stumbled across this but seemed a bit long winded to setup? (yet refreshingly compact!!) talk of environment variables etc etc even in the WinWget readme's...

Was hoping for a "download, click and work" type windows xp friendly gizmo - seems a simple enough task under FTP but I want to do it under HTTP (....I think!!)

cheers JimK

Reply to
JimK

JimK wibbled on Friday 13 November 2009 19:28

You don't need them (unless the Windows port is really weird). Command line options do everything.

There might be a gui front end somewhere, but "wget --mirror" is a fairly reasonable starting place.

Reply to
Tim W

There's a program from UNIX called 'wget' which is designed for exactly that. Command line based, but very powerful. Here you are:

Bob Eager

Dave Osborne

Reply to
JimK

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember JimK saying something like:

Google for 'getleft'.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

DownThemAll - firefox plugin.