OT; Doh!

Just sent an email invoice to a client with the following text;

"Invoice attached, bank details bottom left. Prompt transfer appreciated."

Received a reply;

"Many thanks. How would you like to be paid? I'm happy to make an electronic transfer if that is okay with you. Please let me have your have your bank details for this."

The worrying thing is, the client is a GP!

Reply to
David Lang

about what I'd expect from GPs.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Should have sent it in illegible handwriting. The clarity of an Email goes unrecognised.

G Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Then he would have to get a Pharmacist to read it... and he would tell him to come back in 15 mins ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

They can only read scribbly writing. Get another GP to write it out for him.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

A number of my customers, particularly large corporations, won't accept bank details on the invoice as authority to pay by bank transfer. They insist upon a separate instruction before their internal audit systems will allow a payment to be set up for me.

Reply to
Nightjar

Quite right too! Many firms find it hard enough to get customers to quote the right reference when making payments by bank transfer even when they are told precisely what to use (eg account number, invoice number). Leaving them to make it up for themselves is a recipe for confusion.

Reply to
Robin

If he had any sense he'd phone you and check the bank details. There have been a lot of cases of spoofed emails, and some of them have been for house purchases.

Andy

Reply to
Vir Campestris