OT - dog pee. The new wonder cleaner

Looking at the tarmac pavement down our street you can clearly see where dogs have peed up by the wall (largish circle) and the pee has then trickled down to settle near the kerb (another largish circle) with the stream of pee from one to t'other.

This shows because the pavement is much lighter in colour and looks generally cleaner than the rest.

Which has made me wonder if there is some secret ingredient in dog pee which could be used as a general cleaner.

Or not.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

on 24/11/2014, David supposed :

Its the ???? in it which kills the moss.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

???? = urea? Dogs are primarily carnivores, which means their pee is very nitrogen-rich. Anyone who owns a bitch that pees on their lawn will be familiar with circular dead patches where she has peed, and how those patches sprout vigorously when the grass eventually recovers.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

Being a smoker who smokes outside, I've adapted a BBQ shelter (added side windows and felted it) as a smoking shelter. On the odd occasion rather then traipse inside, I decide to "water the plants" (literally).

It's become rather embarrassing now, as the patch I use could be seen from space, and is obviously centred on the edge of the shelter.

Reply to
Jethro_uk

I thought urea got broken down to ammonia by bacteria fairly quick. Supposedly why your loo will smell of ammonia some time after having a dangle, if you don't flush it.

Reply to
Tim Streater

You should market it.

Reply to
Bod

I've seen you weeing on Google Earth. BTW, does Google own the Earth now?

Reply to
Bod

I wondered why I have unruly tufts all over the lawn.

I noted that the dog pee kills the grass in the first instant but it never occurred to me that it would grow back more vigorously.

Reply to
R D S

Correct, it does. If you're suggesting that it's actually the ammonia that's the agent responsible for the 'cleaning' seen by the OP, you could well be right, which rather destroys the OP's hopes of fame and fortune, as ammonia has been around as a cleaning agent for centuries.

Reply to
Chris Hogg

But it could be marketed as naturally-produced 'eco' ammonia instead of nasty chemical stuff.

A useful by-product of Korean dog farms. ;-(

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

???? = urea? Dogs are primarily carnivores, which means their pee is very nitrogen-rich. Anyone who owns a bitch that pees on their lawn will be familiar with circular dead patches where she has peed, and how those patches sprout vigorously when the grass eventually recovers/q

But why only bitch piss?

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

Urea?

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

When you offer the neighbours the surplus rhubarb, best not to mention that.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Rod Speed was thinking very hard :

Not here, or not always. She takes a pee, he waits then carefully aims for the very exact spot in the open.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Rod Speed wrote on 24/11/2014 :

They are..

Not at all, I never c*ck my leg up :-?

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Rod Speed formulated the question :

He is all male, but rather oddly he loves kids and absolutely loves pups. He would often sit in to 'mother' his own mothers later litter, when she was too tired.

He treated his much younger /much smaller sister as his baby when she arrived here and to some extent he still does. They are inseparable.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

There has been for some time an urban legend that Fairy liquid contains pig urine of course, so there could be something in what you say. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Ammonia? Brian

Reply to