OT: Dodgy emails

For some reason that I can't explain, I've become intrigued by what I suppose are virus carrying emails.

Because I'm looking at someone's router logs by email, I've had to have the spam filtering turned off at my ISP.

Since the explosions in the US, I've been receiving a flurry of emails, all to none existent badly harvested email addresses, all purporting to show pictures or info about the explosions and all pointing to different numerical ip addresses. Of course, I haven't clicked on any of them.

I've done a whois on some of the addresses and almost all were registered in Bulgaria (amazing how many blocks of IP addresses seem to be owned there), but some in Russia and similar countries.

The only thing I can think of is that someone might have loaded up a mass of sites with viruses, but it just seems weird. It does make a change from the Nigerian generals and barristers, and the sick, rich ladies, though.

Reply to
Bill

i got one of those today as well.

I think the rest have been spamhaus blocked.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Adrian Brentnall