OT?: Do not shout at your computer

"ING Bank?s main data center in Bucharest, Romania, was severely damaged over the weekend during a fire extinguishing test. In what is a very rare but known phenomenon, it was the loud sound of inert gas being released that destroyed dozens of hard drives. The site is currently offline and the bank relies solely on its backup data center, located within a couple of miles? proximity."

Bill

En el artículo , Bill escribió:

Yes, I spotted that the other day. You may think your chosen subject line is a joke, but a Sun engineer showed some years ago that shouting at his RAID array did affect its performance.

Mike Tomlinson

Yes I read this elsewhere but I think it highly unlikely that c shouting at your computer is going to present 130Db sound at the right frequency to have much effect.

Is it real or is it Memorex? Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff