OT Digital Radios

Page 3 of 3

If it's radio, any kind of digital satellite receiver. It's certainly how we get our radio at home these days. BBC Radios 1-5 plus numerous other UK commercial stations are broadcast free to air from 28.2E. The only encrypted one that I know of is Talk Sport.

Radio 3 is OK, better than FM IMO.
Err that's it.
BBC seems to think that "choice" is better than "quality". As they do with TV at the moment. I saw some stupid advrt on BBC ranting on about "more choice", I'd like an end to wall to wall shite and would be happy with just one channel if the content was worth watching.
I've bought bloody hundreds of DVDs in recent months, it's the only way I seem to be able to watch something that doesn't suck your brain out and gob it down the pan.
Hmm, I think I'll go watch Futurama.

The Falklands War film followed by the Clark diaries on BBC 4 were well worth a watch tonight.
--
*(on a baby-size shirt) "Party -- my crib -- two a.m

Its about on par if you dont mind Digital artefacts and that MPEG metallic sound that crops up on some programming, but good well received FM with a good aerial signal still sounds more natural IMHO too:-))

Agreed!.....
We don't have a DVD player yet and I don't think I'm getting one either:-(

--
Tony Sayer

My personal one ("sports") is definitely retro, looks as though it comes from the 1950s, but is stereo.
Mary

John wrote:

Because that gives the right 'AM' quality that matches the sound?