OT Digital Radios

Oh. I have a Roberts Sports for through the night. I'd thought about one to replace the ancient, crackling thing in the sitting room. Perhaps I'll go for the Bose after all ...

Mary

Thanks.

Reply to
Mary Fisher

Slightly off topic I know but,

Does anyone know if these digital radios work in very poor reception areas?

I have been thinking of getting one for work because we can't receive AM there at all although FM is OK but not great.

Sean

Reply to
Sean Delere

Satellite receivers, Can't beat 'em.

Reply to
Simon Gardner

In article , Sean Delere writes

Purely depends on where you are. Ask the shop if you can have one on a sale or return basis...

Reply to
tony sayer

Could you expand on this please. What sort/type of satellite receiver etc?

Paul Mc Cann

Reply to
Paul Mc Cann

If it's radio, any kind of digital satellite receiver. It's certainly how we get our radio at home these days. BBC Radios 1-5 plus numerous other UK commercial stations are broadcast free to air from 28.2E. The only encrypted one that I know of is Talk Sport.

Reply to
Simon Gardner