OT digital photo frames

Think of it as an iPod Touch with added phone, and that's about all it is. The camera is poor, the lack of features compares to a Windows CE, Android or Symbian OS phone is poor, but it is still a desirable product, mainly because it is based around an iPod and has a very clever (if counter-intuitive) web browser.

So I was looking forward to the iPad, but it is even poorer on features than the iPhone and not desirable at all. Even though I am a big fan of Apple (I use a MacPro, MacBook and an iPhone 3G) I really cannot see the purpose of the iPad.

I would have welcomed an iPhone with a larger screen, say about 7" diagonal, for easier web browsing and perhaps to replace my Windows XP netbook, but the iPad is far too big and loses the phone and camera features. Plus, there's no Ethernet and no USB sockets. I don't want to have to depend on 3G and wireless (which I refuse to have at home).

It has all the bad points of the iPhone and none of the good ones. It is too big, has a very vulnerable screen, a lousy on-screen keyboard, no phone, no camera, no hard drive ...

What on earth is the point of it?

Reply to
Bruce

Computer Shopper arrived today: Best Buy: Jessops 8" @ £49 (also recommended 10.4" @ £69), free delivery Ultimate Buy: deep breath..... Sony DPF-X1000N @ another deep breath... £223

-6% at Quidco/TopCashBack

-5% with code VOUCHERCODESUK

HTH

I agree, the 8" looks good and it has 800 x 600 pixels resolution which is very good for the price. The 10.4" also has 800 x 600 pixels so would not look any better, just bigger.

That has 1024 x 768 resolution and HDMI output so you can view the slideshow on a flat screen TV. Breathtakingly expensive, though!

Reply to
Bruce

10.4" arrived today. Easy to set up, looks good, picture quality excellent.

Even plays an mp3 while the slideshow runs!

Shudder. whatever rocks your boat...

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Is is possible to alter the time between image changes?

Reply to
PJ

A result! ;-)

Reply to
Bruce

I didn't say I used it...

Fast, medium, slow: 3, 5, 10 seconds according to Computer Shopper (I've not timed them).

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember F saying something like:

Mmmm... tasteful.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon