OT: Desk occupancy sensors

Life's too short to pander to the whims of these wankers. Find yourself another job.

Cheers

Reply to
Syd Rumpo

I've worked (for a few weeks, visiting) in an office like that. Cubicles, and if you were working late at night every now and again you had to stand up and wave at the sensors.

Per desk sensors might be a way to avoid that problem. It wouldn't need the logging though, just keep some lights on if anyone is at their desk.

Reply to
Alan Braggins

To trigger the PIR...

Reply to
Tim Watts

;->

Reply to
Tim Watts

Stopped for an urgent pee at a Little Chef recently and as I walked into the empty toilet someone started talking about the menu!

They stopped while I was stationary and started again as soon as I moved again. Seriously weird and made me jump enough to almost wet my shoes!

If anything deserves to be hacked, that's it!

Reply to
Davey

Or, alternatively:

Thomas Prufer

Reply to
Thomas Prufer

At what cost per unit? How much is the Rx and logging computer? How do the suits justify this expense? Whose head is on the block if the cost of this system is more than any savings made by moving to a smaller office. Don't forget to include all the "one off" costs of moving offices.

Wouldn't it be cheaper for a suit to wander through the office and count heads a couple of randomish times a day for a week or two?

If they really want to up the utilisation of the office space, start by using the space for more than 5 days (or less) per week and for longer than 7 hours/day.

Depends if they can tie the "some one is at desk X" with logs from the network saying that "the computer on desk X sent an email from person Y".

Reply to
Dave Liquorice