OT: Dental implants

I got them for £2.99 out and £0.01 return from WizzAir when booked a few months in advance (OK about £28 with tax and surcharges)

I went over for 4 days initially, of which two days solid (8am to 6pm) was in the chair, I though my jaw would never close again!

Then a two day visit, the fly in/out day and another two day visit, it does add-up in lost income, but I needed it doing and UK dentists seemed to either annoy me or not want to know me at the time

I found a good NHS dentist a couple of months after the work, largely just to get their opinion on the work, they were happy with it.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Why?, Like most everything else, is it so expensive to be done here ?.

And seeing that the pound is very poor 'agin other currencies why ?..

Reply to
tony sayer

Situation is a bit different than three years ago, then it was between

1/3 and 1/2 the price, now it seems it may work out over 1/2 price.
Reply to
Andy Burns

Are you implying that johnny foreigner dentists are inferior to those in the UK ?

6 visits sounds more like milking the insco and putting up the cost of treatment

bad as politicians, dentists, IMO

I've never understood the "we'll leave that one until next time" approach they always used to have when I was younger - imagine if they did a check up and found no teeth to fill - loss of profit there, innit

Reply to
geoff

In message , Anna Kettle writes

If there is anything you need translating (prolly not, I would expect, but ...) I have a Hungarian employee and Hungarian neighbours

Reply to
geoff

How do you say Gr-Granville! F-fetch yer cloth!" in Hungarian?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember tony sayer saying something like:

Under warranty? Of course. Cheap enough to do so anyway. So far I've not heard any horror stories, but there are bound to be some, with the thousands of UK and Irish folk now jetting off the Gnasherland.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

I don't know, but I'm suddenly thinking of a big plate of steaming goulash for dinner.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Surely you can *discover* a professional reason to visit Hungary? A plaster seminar in Budapest.

Reply to
EricP

Become an M.P. and claim for it on expenses.

Reply to
Reentrant

"My Hovercraft is full of eels"

Andy Champ