OT Decking page

Hi

Just changed my Decking page & added a Decking FAQ

comments appreciated.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

> Any comments appreciated.

Couple of grammar mistakes, but apart from that it looks good to me!

What about adding a section on the different types of finish, oils, spays etc [just a thought, as it took a while when I was searching]

Could add a section on 'deck lighting', maybe.

Reply to
grumpyat

Loving the keyword density ;-)

If you could get the word "service" after the word decking a few times, and the same with the word "installer", that'd be really good. Having done that, all you need to do is get the word "Kent" on that page, 2-3 times, you're onto a winner.

Hint - a footer with the word "Kent" in it would go some way towards achieving that.

Reply to
Grunff

"Generally planning permission is not required for a domestic deck unless the deck is visible from a highway within 20 metres or exceeds 3 metres in height above ground level."

I can imagine our neighbour's feeling if we erected a 3m high decking bandstand in the back garden..... :o)

Great page, Dave - hopefully it'll bring the work flooding in.

Reply to
Steve Walker

Would you be kind enough to point them out so I can correct them please?

Another good idea! Thanks.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

For search engine hits there may be some (limited) benefit by adding a few meta tags in the header section of each of the pages

Perhaps add something like this inside the section

Medway handyman decking service

Reply to
Alan

Thanks matey - now changed - howzat!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Meta tags are almost completely ignored by all search engines. The description tag is used by several engines as a source of page description for the listing, but that's about the extent of their usefulness.

There are far more important and useful things that can be done before spending time on meta tags.

Reply to
Grunff

Speedy. Looking good.

Reply to
Grunff

On the 'does it bounce' section it should read ............too great a distance.......not, to great a distance

As for the other one.....can't find it now, but I'll keep looking!

Reply to
grumpyat

Thanks sorted.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Prepare to stand-down from the poised position [not a pretty sight,I'm sure]

Why do they use those nail guns on the TV Shows? Because its quick & they have a deadline! Nailing the frame together & nailing downs ......[last word should be '...down...']

I really need to get out more!!!

Reply to
grumpyat

You are a jellyspoon and a scallop sir!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Mmmmm! Scallops, ...but which sort? Swimming type or battered potato type? Mind you, I could eat both at the moment! Might go scalloping next weekend ;))

Reply to
grumpyat

Did you get the missing apostrophe as well?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Bugger! Tell me where please? I've read Eats Shoots & Leaves but I still can't get the hang of the pesky things :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

================================== "Why do they use those nail guns on the TV Shows?

Because its (it's - it is) quick."

And the surplus one...

"Click here to see photo's (photos) of decks we have built"

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Apostrophes are not used with plurals.