OT - Daft word being painted on vans.

See the below reference:

(etc)

Reply to
Clive George

At least "Train station" is logical;

Bus station (OK), car park (OK), railway station (Eh????).

Reply to
Bruce

init

Mmmmm so when we put the clocks forward in spring, does that mean that pm does not start until after what we call 1 p.m. (1300 hours?)

Dave

Reply to
Dave

That reminds me of a sign in the caravan park bar in Southsea.

It says 'free beer tomorrow'.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Now you have disturbed the moth balls in my mind, remind me why it was invented to dissolve please.

Dave

Reply to
Dave

Boggle? Where the f*ck is that? Up near the pikey[1] end by Fort Cumberland Road?

[1] OK, I admit it's all pikey but some bits are pikier.
Reply to
Steve Firth

I refer you to Merck Index, Eighth Edition, 1968

"One ml [of chloroform] dissolves in about 200ml of water at 25° [C]."

Reply to
Dave Osborne

360 degrees maybe; but in which plane?
Reply to
terry

Oh; by the way, bringing you right back to where you started; eh?

Reply to
terry

At which point it is a solution of chloroform in water.

Or is it a solution of water in chloroform?

Reply to
Steve Firth

I was under the impression that the correct address in those circumstance was simply "he" - in reference to the generic species "man" as opposed to the specific gender. The he/she stuff just being pc bull to keep poorly educated feminists happy ;-)

There is a reasonable definition and discussion here:

John Rumm

Yes.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Then of course there's "Basically", which means "I'll keep it simple for your benefit".

Reply to
Frank Erskine

That one drives me mad as well.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

I though Ketamine was a horse tranquiliser?

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

That as well. Whackypedia has the gen.

Reply to
Dave Osborne

Well that's one we agree on, if not on WD40.

Reply to
<me9

John Rumm wibbled on Saturday 30 January 2010 17:41

list the "they" case, albeit as a colloquialism. I still prefer it.

"If a nurse is on duty, then he should wash his hands" just sounds wrong.

"If a nurse is on duty, then she should wash her hands" also sounds wrong as there are plenty of male nurses and "she" has never been used in a gender neutral way.

Reply to
Tim Watts

We were somewhere around Barstow, on the edge of the desert, when the drugs began to take hold. I remember F saying something like:

Random.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon