OT; Daft things on vans - again

This one has to take the biscuit for marketing speak gone mad. On the side of a van I saw today;

"Leading solutions providers of real time location based intelligence".

A prize to the first one who can work out what they actually do :-) No Googling!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Well that definition excludes the police.

Is it drug dealers in a van?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I had to cheat! I'd seen it somewhere recently and thought what advertising puff at the time. Being reminded was driving me mad!

Reply to
Clot

GPS-based tracking systems?

I didn't cheat.

Reply to
Bruce

Excellent, and I bet you get the prize. But disappointing in that it's an accurate deduction of what it says on the tin.

Personally I was going to punt "Estate Agents", because -- in the way of estate agents and marketing droids -- it combines verbose claptrap with highly inaccurate usage of language.

Oh, and thanks Dave for the laugh!

John

Reply to
John L

Mapping?

Reply to
Chris Bartram

install CCTVS at a guess.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

They sell maps?

Reply to
Tim Streater

Contract hire of lollipo-men and -women?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

They paste up billboard maps with "you are here" written on them?

Reply to
John Rumm

A van full of yellow pages directories, a GPS and a mobile phone?

Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin

In message , The Medway Handyman writes

Reply to
Clint Sharp

OK, now the answer is out there, I thought I would search for the company, and here they are:

Bruce

Labour election publicity van

Reply to
Mark

Reply to
Tim Streater

I agree, they delight in making things obscure. Basically, they seem to make GPS tracking devices that interface with IT and control systems for, among other things, public transport.

So, for example, when you see a bus stop with a display showing when the next 2 or 3 buses are expected to arrive, presumably it could be this company's GPS tracking systems that supply the information on where the buses are in real time.

Reply to
Bruce

Maps are only "real time" in a _very_ broad sense...

I'd go for tracking systems.

Or total bullshit

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Intelligence? I don't think so.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Already seen the answer, but a local newspaper web site might fit the description.

Reply to
David WE Roberts

well it's a load of bollocks, so it must be from some political party.

Reply to
Mark