OT cross London query....

Coming up I need to get from Kings Cross station to Olympia on a Friday after lunch... What are my best options?

TIA

Reply to
JimK

Try the right newsgroup :-)

tim

Reply to
tim...

Try the TfL route planner - walking, but, tube in detail:

I used to use it a lot.

Reply to
Mark Allread

GBBF?

Olympia is no longer served by London Underground - but is on the Overground and there are plenty of bus routes. Probably the easiest route is Circle line (anti clockwise) to High Street Kensington and catch a bus. If you want to arrive at Olympia by train, then Victoria Line to Oxford Circus - Central Line to Shepherds Bush and Overground to Olympia OR Picadilly Line to Earls Court, District Line to West Brompton, Overground to Olympia.

Have a look at the TFL

website for further info If that's why you are going to Olympia. we might meet.

Reply to
charles

walk. taxi.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

no such train any more except on some Saturdays.

Reply to
charles

TFL reckons Picadilly line to Barons Court and then a 15 minute walk. Walk on its own: 1hr 50 minutes.

Reply to
charles

True. But perhaps just possibly a wee bit cruel not to mention uk.transport.london :)

Reply to
Robin

That would be my solution too.

Reply to
Bob Eager

But the Earls Court to Olympia service doesn't run except on very rare occasiosn - certainly not this Friday.

Reply to
charles

I didn't know that. Although I think it's pretty well as it always was - there was a very infrequent service except at weekends and during major exhibitions.

Reply to
Bob Eager

The Overground runs through it. Not sure about just when it stops there, but think they all do, so not like the tube. Service is about every 10 minutes in peak periods and about half that in the evenings.

If you'd rather use the train than underground (I do) and buses, you could take the overground from Euston to Willesden Junction and change to the Olympia line there. Euston is only a short walk from Kings Cross.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Yes, that's good for the OP.

Unfortunately I usually get into Victoria...it used to be easy (District to Earls Court and then the shuttle).

Reply to
Bob Eager

No, it's now much less than it used to be since Olympia is served by the "Overground" service between Clapham Junction and Willesden Junction. Interchanges with the Underground are possible at West Brompton & Shepherds Bush.

Reply to
charles

every 15 minutes.

Reply to
charles

get off your Victoria bound train at Clapham Junction, then get the Overground from Platform 1. - every 15 minutes.

Reply to
charles

This is the right answer! :)

Because it takes into account any outages or delays and will recommend the best route on the day.

Reply to
GB

It could take that long in a taxi, too. :)

I can think of nicer walks.

Reply to
GB

:-)

I doubt if Bob's Victoria bound train goes via CJ. It comes in through London Bridge.

Reply to
Tim Streater

My Victoria bound trains don't go near Clapham Junction!

Reply to
Bob Eager