OT - CRB Checks

On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 17:44:22 +0100 someone who may be "R.P.McMurphy" wrote this:-

Any involvement?

However, such "checks" are not made on lovers. Thus they would have made no difference to the generic case of someone being attacked by the lover of someone who had been "checked".

It is difficult to see how such "checks" could be made on lovers. Perhaps you could tell us what you think the criteria should be?

Reply to
David Hansen

So if I had a new CRB check done, would it show that I have being arrested 5 times for assault but never been charged?

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Yep.

Steve

Reply to
R.P.McMurphy

It will depend if it is considered it relevant for the position/role for which the CRB check is being done. For an enhanced CRB check (as required for working with vulnerable people), then almost certainly. Even lesser things which the police considered to be of concern but haven't resulted in arrest can be listed in this case. For a basic CRB check (e.g. to be a bank teller), then I doubt it would be listed.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel