OT - Convert DVD for youtube?

Hi All My knowledge of video format's is about as good as Manuel's grasp of English - so apologies in advance.

I need a simple way to convert a client's home-produced DVD into the right format for YouTube. Low-cost is good, free is even better.

I have a bunch of VOB files that open on this PC to play video - I need to end up with whatever YouTube feeds on.

I've Googled - and I'm even more confused... (seems that moving pictures have moved on from 8mm celluloid !

Any suggestions please ? Thanks Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

the tools and guides you need.

Reply to
Nitro®

Reply to
Andy Burns

That link doesn't work for me. You could also try this:

Mark

It would do if it hadn't wrapped, I did try to prevent that by enclosing in but hey, try this which is the same thing

Andy Burns

I think it should be >....< :-)

Another Dave

Reply to
Another Dave

No, definitely the other way round, from RFC2396

"Using angle brackets around each URI is especially recommended as a delimiting style for URI that contain whitespace."

Sometimes it just b0rks anyway, probably a Thunderbird thing ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

Use Handbrake. It's fast, simple and free and it is designed for what you are trying to do.

Reply to
Steve Firth

Hi again

Many thanks to everybody with suggestions - I downloaded & installed Vidcoder

did the job.....

Thanks aga> Hi All

Reply to
Adrian Brentnall

It's OK up to 'DVD', then there's a space, then 'to YOUTUBE">' The two spaces will be illegal characters.

Reply to
Ian Jackson

Yeah, I could have converted them to '+' signs I suppose ...

Reply to
Andy Burns

and free and it is designed for what you

Nope. Presets look very Apple iToy centric.

However, that can be rectified.

Try this

google "handbrake youtube"

Reply to
Adrian C

At the risk of sounding as if I am talking to the retarded, you are aware that it is possible to create your own preset in Handbrake, aren't you? I use it to create a variety of mp4 and mkv outputs and it's fit for purpose.

Reply to
Steve Firth