OT: Citylink Couriers

very much so. After a year of reasonable service sending stuff via UKmail Norwich hub, suddenly this year some sort of management change or got taken over and 30%, yes 30% of parcels were being rejected by customers as damed beyond acceptable. Switched to HDNL, and no problems.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Personally I have found Citylink to be one of the least cooperative couriers in my area. When they attempt to deliver something and there is noone in they give two options: to redeliver it when I am also out or to collect it, a 60 mile round trip. No thanks.

Reply to
Mark

I've done 1 - 2 CPC orders per week throughout the bad weather, and all arrived next day with UPS, even though (except for yesterday's) they were not classed as next day deliveries. I have been quite impressed.

There was an article on Radio 4 yesterday I think, about some traders in Scotland, where no couriers are making any further collections because of the backlog they have up there. Traders can't get Christmas goods dispatched, which is going to have dire consequences for them.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In message , Andrew Gabriel writes

Friends of our run and online toy/craft business, (but in Peterborough) They aren't hit by such a problem, but have had to field a *lot* of queries re held up orders. With or course nothing much they can do. They will send out an order again, but's just going to add to the problem really.

Quite a few friends I have had parcels over 2 weeks in the system

Reply to
chris French

In message , Mark writes

Citylink have a contract with the sender, not you

That contract is to deliver and receive a signature as proof of delivery

The sender has the choice to include special instructions (leave in porch, at back door, with neighbour etc), that is who they take instructions from.

If you failed to tell them, that's your lookout

Reply to
geoff

That's exactly what I said the other day. Take your complaint to the sender/supplier of the goods - they choose their method of delivery.

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Everything has come on time, except RS sending stuff via Parcelfarce.

They failed to deliver on time something that was despatched from RS in Corby on Thursday evening. It arrived in the local depot five miles away at 4am on Friday and got loaded on a van.

They failed on Friday, Saturday and Monday citing 'bad weather' despite there being bugger all problems on the local roads - UPS, DHL, Fedex, an independent, and the local postie didn't have a problem.

Lies, damn lies and Parcelfarce.

Reply to
The Other Mike

Most online suppliers don't give you any option to give them special instructions and they rarely even tell you who the courier is. If I know the courier will be Citylink then I don't order.

All the other couriers are more cooperative and will try to deliver when I am in or deliver to another address.

Reply to
Mark

Some couriers will also take written instructions from the consignee to be held on file for future deliveries. Worked for me with Fed-Ex.

MBQ

Reply to
Man at B&Q

I had exactly the same problem with CPC and UPS. Parcel ordered on Friday arrived at local depot early Saturday morning (before the Snow) By Monday snow everywhere and parcel rescheduled on website for later delivery each morning til Wednesday. Local roads and some bus routes were dire, can't blame them for late delivery, but it was frustrating knowing they had been up the road for so long.

Can't say about PF, locally they seem fine, and the lovcal postie got through belatedly each day. I'm currently waiting foe UPS, and SWMBO has had a parcel from Southampton stuck in a hub in Droitwich since the 9th.

Reply to
<me9

Perhaps this needs to go in the FAQ (or in the Wiki)?

The subject of couriers comes up regularly here, and the response is always that they're all crap with the exception of the posters favourite, which varies from poster to poster.

As a result, there's nothing to learn ...

Reply to
Huge

Oh and for all you PWs north of the border

CityLink have suspended pickups for delivery to Scotland until further notice

... just when you thought you were part of the UK mainland, too

Reply to
geoff

By nature given the millions of things handled by them there will be mistakes.

Strangely of all of them I far prefer to use the good ol' PO to send and receive things. Excluding Parcel Force, of course.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

QED. Parcel Force are more reliable than anyone else at delivering here.

Reply to
Huge

My Parcel Force packages, are delivered by the local postie, along with the milk and newspapers.

Reply to
S Viemeister

N-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o.

Stop it! Didn't see you see my posting up there ^^^^^ that there is no point in debating the goodness or otherwise of couriers?

Reply to
Huge

It's Xmas. When near everything has no point. ;-)

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

:) I do, actually, agree with you! It varies greatly, depending on where you happen to live.

Reply to
S Viemeister

In message , Huge wrote

Except they are closing more and more local depots so the next time you have to collect your package it will a round trip of a couple hundred miles :(

Reply to
Alan

Especially when it's covered in snow!

Reply to