OT: Chistmas Quiz - suggestions?

I'm compiling a few familiar quizzes for the family at Christmas, probably entirely unoriginal. I've copied the first below a) so that others may be able to use it b) to prompt a few more suggestions in similar vein please. (In case it isn't quite long enough to send everyone to sleep.) Either more of this same 'number' type, or some similarly lightweight stuff...

Christmas Quiz 1 No. Initials Answer

--- ------------- -----------------------

1 26 L of the A Letters of the alphabet 2 7 W of the AW 3 1001 AN 4 12 S of the Z 5 54 C in a D (with the Js) 6 9 P in the SS 7 88 PK 8 13 S on the AF 9 32 DF at which WF 10 18 H on a GC 11 90 D in a RA 12 200 P for PG in M 13 3 BMSHTR 14 4 Q in a C 15 57 HV 16 1 W on a U 17 5 D on a ZC 18 16 O in a P 19 11 P in a FT 20 29 D in F in a LY 21 64 S on a CB 22 40 D and N of the GF 23 3 M in a B 24 12 K of the RT 25 13 B in a BD 26 39 B in the OT 27 24 BB in a P 28 9 BS 29 66 B in the B 30 76 TL the BP

P O I L E R

| | | | | | | | | | | |

1 26 L of the A Letters of the alphabet 2 7 W of the AW Wonders of the ancient world 3 1001 AN Arabian Nights 4 12 S of the Z Signs of the Zodiac 5 54 C in a D (with the Js) Cards in a deck (with the Jokers) 6 9 P in the SS Planets in the Solar System 7 88 PK Piano keys 8 13 S on the AF Stripes on the American flag 9 32 DF at which WF Degrees Fahrenheit at which water freezes 10 18 H on a GC Holes on a golf course 11 90 D in a RA Degrees in a right angle 12 200 P for PG in M Pounds for passing Go in Monopoly 13 3 BMSHTR Blind mice, see how they run! 14 4 Q in a C Quarters in a circle 15 57 HV Heinz varieties 16 1 W on a U Wheel on a unicycle 17 5 D on a ZC Diagonals on zebra crossing 18 16 O in a P Ounces in a pound 19 11 P in a FT Players in a football team 20 29 D in F in a LY Days in February in a Leap Year 21 64 S on a CB Squares on a chess board 22 40 D and N of the GF Days and nights of the Great Flood 23 3 M in a B Men in a boat 24 12 K of the RT Knights of the Round Table 25 13 B in a BD Buns in a baker's dozen 26 39 B in the OT Books in the Old Testament 27 24 BB in a P Blackbirds in a pie 28 9 BS Beethoven symphonies 29 66 B in the B Books in the Bible 30 76 TL the BP Trombones led the big parade
Reply to
Terry Pinnell

Yep.... that'll do me. It's either the quiz or me singing "walk tall" over and over again.

Merry Xmas

Reply to
Justin Time
S P O I L E R

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |

19 11 P in a FT Players in a football team

is wrong, there are many more player in the team, some will be at the match sitting on the sub's bench....

Reply to
:::Jerry::::

Try

- may not all be approriate for your gathering...!

Reply to
Lobster

ITYF it was called 'The Thousand And One Nights', without the nationality being in the title.

Reply to
Karen

How about: 1 IMM in UKDIY ?

Reply to
Bob Eager

1 Irritating Moneypinching Miss? :-)
Reply to
Karen

11 in the team is correct there might be more in the squad.
Reply to
robert

The players and subs have to be declared as the 'team', pre match, the squad doesn't and contains everyone from the manager down to the boot cleaner.

Reply to
:::Jerry::::
40000 f on a f
Reply to
Michael Mcneil

147 MB in S 3600 S in a H

-40 C in F

4 W on my W 15 M on a DMC 21 S on a D 50 S on the AF 12 D of C 109 E in the PT 15 Q on WWTBAM 2,400,000,000 H in a MO 4 P and a P

And for the uk.d-i-y regular letchers:

2 MT on SB
Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks. Can you add some missing answers (and correct any I have wrong) please:

?

seconds in an hour

?

wheels on my waggon

men on a dead man's chest

scores on a dartboard

stars on the American flag ??

days of christmas

?

?

?

?

?
Reply to
Terry Pinnell

Yo ho ho and a bottle of rum...

Reply to
Frank Erskine

Maximum break in snooker

Celsius in Fahrenheit (same temperature in both scales)

N.B. Centigrade should be treated as a wrong answer!

Questions on Who Wants to be a Millionaire

How about:

1 PP on 1J?
Reply to
Bob Eager

Thanks. I'll add that last one.

OK, not enough coffee yet, I give up!

Reply to
Terry Pinnell

1 Part P on 1st Jan?
Reply to
Bob Eager

Yes - think we'll pass on that one, not sure mother-in-law would follow!

Reply to
Terry Pinnell

I wrote this one at the same as the other post, was just about to post it, then though I may as well let you sweat for a bit ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

I'd drop this one if I were you...the number is constantly changing. A cursory check shows at least 116, of which 111 have names...

Bob Eager

it is not a "fixed" value. I figured that a fair nuber of people would have been tought 109 though.

(SWMBO also pointed out to me that 147 was not always the maximum break in snooker. Apparently if the break starts with a free ball then it can be higher!)

Reply to
John Rumm