OT - Chief Constable with a personal hygiene problem?

More likely it was a case of "the Chief Constable is away for the next two weeks and wants to find an en-suite shower in her office when she returns. Which part of the last sentence don't you understand?".

Back in my Council days we got a new Director who on day one said he wanted a new desk etc etc. As he was ex-military I do not think that anyone would have dared say "we've nothing in the budget for this".

Reply to
Tony Bryer

Without condoning the _in_action of the Chief Constable here but the statement "Sitting behind a desk in a presumably air conditioned enviroment shuffling bits of paper or having a chat with people ... " displays a remakable lack of knowledge. A chief Executive, particularly for a Police Force/Service, _may_ be sitting in an air-conditioned office one minute, then attending a major incident - lots of blood and gore, smoke, fire, fire-arms, rain, mud ...whatever; then have to attend a award/promotion ceremony .. .then appear of camera for CNN/ITN/BBC ... then attend a dinner with the Lord Lieutenant, Mayor, Council .... in one working day!

Dave, hasn't the report read out to him yet, where-in it specifically says that this was a remodelling of an existing facility! But why should Dave let facts intrude into his rant!

Reply to
Brian Sharrock

In article , Roger writes

The report I read said that it was a replacement of an existing facility, and the estimate for the price was 20% of the final cost. "She was horrified at the cost of the personal shower. She could not believe how they had spiralled".

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian Simpson

In message , Adrian Simpson writes

Mind you, upset the Chief Constable, and the plumbers van could be getting its tyres & tax disc inspected by the boys in blue very regularly indeed ;-)

Reply to
Steven Briggs

Or the person doing the authorising is the person wanting the shower.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

So there are no facilties for the ordinary WPC's who do that the shitty work all day, every day? Why does the CC *need* private facilties and in their office?

Which makes the costs even more outrageous. For that money it sounds as if an all singing all dancing whole family, steam shower unit complete with DVD, TV, phone internet and jacuzi has been fitted.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

It wouldn't be very fair to the lower ranks if they thought the CC might be in the next cubicle.

Would you like to be in the shower soaping yourself down and your boss unexpectedly pop his/her head over the cubicle partition asking for a loan of your Imperial Leather?

Owain

Reply to
Owain

I remember visiting the bog after a meeting with the big white chief from head office. A derogatory discussion took place over the urinals about the BWC. Guess who flushed and came out of the cubicle? (fortunately I hadn't joined in teh discussion.

It's a good case for separate facilities for higher manglers.

Reply to
<me9

First time I heard a truncheon called THAT....;-)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

On Sat, 21 Oct 2006 00:36:27 +0100 someone who may be wrote this:-

I don't think so. For a start it might be the only place they get honest information.

Many moons ago a sticker was stuck on the warm-air hand driers in the toilets of the offices where I worked. We had just had the usual sort of upbeat thrusting forward speech MDs are fond of. The sticker said that for a speech on our future by the MD press the button on the drier. The MD, who used the same toilets as us plebs, reportedly laughed when he saw it, but the administrators took a dim view.

Reply to
David Hansen

Aaargh - people getting offended on behalf of others. Hate it.

cheers, clive

Reply to
Clive George

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ are you thinking that someone would nick it?

wouldn't a 50p air freshener be just as effective?

Reply to
Peter Lynch

Typical of councils and large organisations who need to show all the costs and all the overheads. It would begin with a comprehensive building survey, a risk assessment, an environment survey, a project manager, etc.

Reply to
John

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 23:11:10 +0100, a particular chimpanzee named Owain randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

"Where's the soap?" "Yes it does".

Reply to
Hugo Nebula

I'm shocked. On a Sunday as well :=)

Reply to
Andy Hall

Agreed. I got sent this the other day:

What Makes 100%? What does it mean to give MORE than 100%? Ever wonder about those people who say they are giving more than 100%? We have all been to those meetings where someone wants you to give over 100%. How about achieving 103%? What makes up 100% in life?

Here's a little mathematical formula that might help you answer these questions:

If: A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

is represented as: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25

  1. Then:

H-A-R-D-W-O-R- K 8+1+18+4+23+15+18+11 = 98%

and

K-N-O-W-L-E-D-G-E 11+14+15+23+12+5+4+7+5 = 96%

But,

A-T-T-I-T-U-D-E 1+20+20+9+20+21+4+5 = 100%

And,

B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T 2+21+12+12+19+8+9+20 = 103%

AND, look how far ass kissing will take you.

A-S-S-K-I-S-S-I-N-G 1+19+19+11+9+19+19+9+14+7 = 118%

So, one can conclude with mathematical certainty that, while Hard work and knowledge will get you close, and Attitude will get you there, it's the Bullshit and Ass- kissing that will put you over the top.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

I could comment on a certain Vice-chancellor who's University house (5 bed mansion) has had serious money spent on new en-suites for every guest bedroom, still with all weekend parties and all the food etc coming from Uni catering services, along with the waiting staff.....

Reply to
badger.badger