OT : Chess Players

I'd like to let you know about this site

playing chess on here for a few weeks now and its the best site I have come across for round the world opponents. You can also play against the database ie CompVHuman. The layout is good its Java based game site but quite safe. You need to sign up(free of course) so give it go if you're into chess or any other board game.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

I like playing at Yahoo Games, but often it is difficult to find players that want anything other than a few minutes per game, which is a bit pointless really. Looking forward to the upcoming BCF National Minor semifinals that I will be playing in though. Five hour games, LOL!

Marcus

Reply to
Marcus Fox

Thats the same as this chess rooms most are playing anything between 3 to 9 minute a game and the winner is basically beccause his/her opponent ran out of time,hence probably why most on the chess rooms have high ranking. lol But i do agree you cant play a good game of chess in minutes its a mind thought game, but I do believe in the rooms you have to be wary of any chess game that is over half hour the opponent might be using a program to play the moves,usually you can see this happening by instinct as the moves are too fast.

Reply to
The3rd Earl Of Derby

People have been using programs in Yahoo chess in very short duration games for several years now. It doesn't need half an hour. A powerful computer will make each move in seconds.

Reply to
Dave Baker