OT carrier bag charge

OK, where can I buy carrier bags for less than 5 pence ? Our free supply of kitchen bin bags has ended ! Simon.

Reply to
sm_jamieson

Asda do a remarkably strong plastic bag for life for 6p, or they did until yesterday!

Otherwise:

I'm sure you can get more for less!

Reply to
Fredxxx

Roll of 50 bags is a quid at Poundshop. Don't forget to use the scam charity bags that are pushed through your letter box by the Poles.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

I too have never thrown away a 'free' plastic carrier bag without it having been reused as a bin liner first, or sometimes being used to pick up dog s**te.

I'm a Lidl/Aldi shopper and have been used to providing my own bags for years. I use the small laundry bags which only have to be replaced every

2 years or so, usually because they are degrading due to UV. Most of the time they live in then boot of my car.

or

The small ones are around the same size as 1.5 plastic carrier bags but can hold 20x + the weight of goods.

Reply to
alan_m

Do you do all your shopping at Poundshop?

Reply to
ARW

and why not?

tim

Reply to
tim.....

Nope, not been there for months. It would seem that the major retailers are now matching or getting close to their prices. It was good fun going there though, you can get garden stuff dead cheap. I've got loads of garden ornaments etc that have lasted for the past three years and still look good.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Any ideas how much a bag of shit is at Poundland?

Reply to
ARW

Tooltation, Screwfix, TLC etc have to charge as well. Shame, I use their carriers as rubbish bags in the van.

Reply to
David Lang

You mean for a quid?

Reply to
ARW

Amongst other decorations: Two large plastic butterflies for a quid. Two large plastic ladybirds for a quid. I have six of each on the back garden fences. They have been there for I think the past three years and visitors still admire them. Bloody big plant pots at a quid each.

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Which visitors admire them?

Reply to
ARW

Friends. Family. Neighbours. They have all commented on them.

Your turn:

Reply to
Mr Pounder Esquire

Don't you mean 'piss themselves at them'?

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

When they first announced this stupid idea I started saving Morrisons bags. I have two tea chests full.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

Apparently we can expect a doubling of cases of food poisoning as a result of this stupid idea.

Bill

Reply to
Bill Wright

That's the sort of tat I would expect close to a pikey caravan, for other pikeys to admire.

Reply to
Fredxxx

Why?

Reply to
Fredxxx

Good grief.

Reply to
RJH

Only if you don't practice proper food hygene.

Reply to
harry