OT - Car Heater stuck on

Hmm. I wonder how much difference it makes. I used to leave mine on 23 all the time, and it was comfortable _except_ when it was really hot and sunny, and I wanted a cold blast to cope with the sun.

Though perhaps it had such a sensor :)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

I generally found I was on 21 except in very cold dry weather when I cranked it up to 23..

I've found the same effect in the home.

Abd on holiday. 35C and 100% humidity (Chichen Itza) is worse than 47C and 15% humidity (death valley)

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Funny should mention the Fiesta heater as I was about to start a new thread. Last week I replaced the pollen filter in our Fiesta, and now we have airflow! The temperature of the heater was not particularly high however so I decided to fit a new thermostat. The car is a 2001/2 1.3 Endura Fiesta Flight. I fit the new thermostat and a large quantity of fluid comes out whilst doing this. So I top up the fluids, run the engine squeeze the hoses just like it says in all the "how to". It now appears I have an airlock. The heater now gets warm, slowly. And then goes cold again. I have done everything that the "how to films" and the newsgroups have suggested except for removing hoses (which no one has suggested).

I see the heater core is fed by two pipes which are readily gettable so I was thinking of removing one of them to see if I can let the air out. I think the heater control valve works because when I turn it to cold the heater goes cold. I'm not sure what else to try any suggestions would be gratefully received.

Thanks Gary.

Reply to
Gary

Years ago, 4 cars back, I had virtually no heat in the car. I was able to remove the heater radiator and flush it out. It was almost blocked before I started. I think I just ran the cold main through it. You might be able to do that in situ.

Reply to
charles

Run it up to temperature with the radiator (expansion) refil cap off, this should clear any airlock.

Reply to
Nitro®

Sorry should also have said to squeeze on the main radiator hose to pump the water through.

Reply to
Nitro®

Warning, it would appear Ford make the heater control valve out of eggshell. I went to take the outlet hose off and the whole thing came away the bits you slide the hose on just came with it. I now have the problem that I have had to bypass the control valve and the heater in order to make the car able to be driven again. The plastic that the control valve's made of has just gone like eggshell so be warned, that's another job to do after Christmas Euro parts have them at £35 and £45.

Reply to
Gary