OT: car air con

have tried asking in the car newsgroups without success so figured one of you guys might know...

I'm trying to find the inlets for the air conditioning in a Peugeot 807 / Citroen C8 / Fiat Ulysse (new shape), they're basically the same car.

All I want to do is clean out the system with an antibacterial solution to get rid of the god awful smell.

can anyone help ?

thanks LJ

Reply to
in2minds

Logically, on the bulkhead some way away from the outlets. Try smoke from say a cigarette to locate them.

Try switching off the AC before the end of your journey and purge the system with fresh air - until the system comes up to ambient temperature. Works for me.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Hi Folks

My car purges the aircon automatically when I turn off the engine and leaves the car. It waits 10 min. and then run the ventilation fan for 5 mins getting rid off excess moisture in the air.

Maybe you could cook up a small cirquit that does just that, but to mke it quicker just run it straight after you turn the engine off for 2-3 min, that should clear the excess moisture out off the system...

Regards

Morten

Reply to
Morten

Which car does that? Rory

Reply to
Rory

Seems odd to me. When you switch off the aircon while on the move, the air will be purged to the outside - unless you've switched to recirculate. On both my cars, all the exterior vents (fresh air intakes) close when you switch off.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Gents,

It's a Volvo V70, the first time I heard it got quite surprised (and no, it's not the engine coolant fan even though that one also have it's own life as well...)

I asked at my local dealer and he told me that it's part of the clima control system, whatever it is it works great :-)

/Morten

Reply to
Morten

Try asking here

con usually gets them all steamed up!

Reply to
Conrad Edwards

It's been well covered in the Peugeot group, there's a spray that'll get rid of that crap aircon smell. You could maybe try asking in there about the inlet whereabouts?

jim

Reply to
jim.