OT: Can you get a DIN out to mini-jack (or phono) converter?

I know this is off topic but the organ groups are plonkers.

Can you still get a converter for an old DIN socket? My mum has given the kids an old Philips Philicorda organ and we were wondering if it is possible to get headphones to connect up for obvious reasons!

TIA Suzanne

Reply to
Suz

The combination of these two should work (assuming the signal level is ok to drive headphones):

?ModuleNo=996&TabID=1&source=17&WorldID=&doy=28m5HTH,Chris

Reply to
Chris

After all the help I've been given around here, it's actually a pleasure to be able to give some back.

Assuming that it's a 5-pin DIN, you could try something like

the headphones have a 3.5mm plug, then one of these as well:

antgel

I doubt you can still get a converter, but you can still get DIN plugs and sockets. A quick google suggests you probably want a 360degree 4pin DIN plug - Maplin HH26D @ 49p, and a 3.5mm stereo jack line socket - RK51F @ 79p, and a metre of cheap flex to join them, eg XR20W @ 49p /m. Add a soldering iron and a steady hand ...

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Ah, I only just beat you to it :-). And if Owain is correct and it is a

4 pin DIN rather than a 5 pin DIN we've both stuffed up ;-)

Cheers,

Chris

Reply to
Chris

Thanks all for the replies. None of it makes the least sense to me, but him indoors grunted knowingly at your anwers.

Ta, Suzanne.

Reply to
Suz

It's likely the output level is too low to drive a pair of headphones properly. However, you can buy ready made headphone amps or build one from a kit

'd also need a suitable wall wart power supply. The DIN connector needed and headphone socket can also be bought from them. As can a suitable box, etc.

If stereo, then something like this might be better

Dave Plowman (News)